Poll: Which of the 3 is the best overall, and you advise me to buy (1st amp)
Poll Options
View poll results: Which of the 3 is the best overall, and you advise me to buy (1st amp)
FENDER G-DEC3 30, 311 EUROS
5 9%
FENDER MUSTANG III (with footswitch) ,260 EUROS
22 40%
PEAVEY VYPYR 75, 257 EUROS
28 51%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 3
Hi to all, I recently started guitar lessons, and the time has come for me to buy my first guitar.I want to play with it rock, hard rock and a little metal.I like the st style guitars, and I would like my gig to have 2 humbuckers, 1 single coil, 24 frets and a floyd rose style tremolo.I like theese 4 guitars http://www.thomann.de/gr/search.html?xsid=6b128084ed34713a542402777d56b56a&gk=giegst&vf=on&kf=on&oa=pra&wgfid1=7556&wgfid2=9123&wgfid3=9124&wgfid4=7559&wgfid5=7557&wgf7557=HSH&wgfid6=7558&wgf7558=FR-Style&pc=show&chk145170=on&chk147644=on&chk161037=on&chk110621=on

Also this one got my attention http://www.thomann.de/gr/schecter_omen_6_fr_extreme_bch.htm
So I want to help me choose one of them, and tell me what you know about each guitar
(build quality, the wood and especially the pickups they have cause I have no knowledge on them).I would also like if you make some other recommendations for my needs.As far as the amp is concerned I really like the g dec 3 30 by fender cause I think it has a vast tone versatality,whats your opinion,do you have any other recommendations.Thanks in advance, I am waiting for your opinions.
Trust me, for your first guitar, you don't want a Floyd Rose Vibrato.
Changing tunings on a Floyd Rose is incredibly diffucult and constant change of tunings may damage the System. Also, they are harder to tune and the whole string changing process is complicated.
Get a "Hard Tail" guitar. No Vibrato/Tremelo. Your guitar teacher would probally agree with me.
Easier to tune and change strings and change tunings, which you start to do allot of later on..
METAL!
ditch the floyd. You can get that exact same Schecter model without one anyways.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
You need an amplifier too, you know. And I think you should buy at least as expensive amp as a guitar. I dont recommend spending over 300 euros for you first guitar. My first guitar was 80e(Im speaking in euros because thomann uses them). Those guitars you have there are in the same price range as my current guitar. And yeah, dont get a floyd. It takes about 10x more time to tune it. And you dont seriously even need it in the first year.
Ok, I think that you have a point.Having that thing in mind, I found these gigs that I like whats your opinion about heir build quality, value for money and pickups?
http://www.thomann.de/gr/epiphone_lp_traditional_pro_ltd_hcs.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gr/cort_classic_rock_cr200_blk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gr/dean_soltero_standard_special.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gr/schecter_omen_6_extreme_bch.htm
Any comment for the g dec3 30??
I would say go with the epiphone. I have never played fender amps so i cant say my opinion of them. But anyways good luck with playing.
Keep in mind that a good set of pickups are expensive, so you aren't going to get great quality pickups on your first guitar, no should you expect to (for example, I'm building a guitar, and the pickups alone cost more than my entire first guitar). Out of those guitars, I'd either go with the Epiphone or the Schecter. I learnt to play on a similar Schecter and it was a really reliable beginner's guitar. I also have a mate who learnt on a similar Epiphone, and he still swears by it. I think those two would be the most reliable out of the guitars you've selected.
Instead of the G Dec, why don't you consider this instead?

Peavey Vypyr
http://www.thomann.de/gr/peavey_vypyr_30.htm

Its better than the G Dec for metal and rock.

However, if you can I'd recommend something better, at the cost of a slightly cheaper beginner guitar that's just as good

Yamaha Pacifica + Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
http://www.thomann.de/gr/yamaha_pacifica_112vcx_bl.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gr/peavey_vypyr_tube_60.htm

though I think you might need to scare up a little more money.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 6, 2011,
The Yamaha Pacifica is an excellent guitar and not just for beginners. Pay for a skilled luthier to set it up, drop some good pickups in it and you have a great guitar that will last you for years. I use one as my backup guitar and I'd have no qualms about doing a whole gig with it. They're readily availbale on Ebay too.

As for the amp, the Vypyr is an excellent choice but I'd just get the 30w version or a Roland Cube 30X off Ebay. The Vypyr Tube 60 is really good but it's a gigging amp and frankly, by the time you're that good you'll want something else anyway. Get the amp and guitar off Ebay and save a load of money that you can put towards your next guitar once you've got a clearer idea of what you want.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by ragingkitty
Instead of the G Dec, why don't you consider this instead?

Peavey Vypyr
http://www.thomann.de/gr/peavey_vypyr_30.htm

Its better than the G Dec for metal and rock.

However, if you can I'd recommend something better, at the cost of a slightly cheaper beginner guitar that's just as good

Yamaha Pacifica + Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
http://www.thomann.de/gr/yamaha_pacifica_112vcx_bl.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gr/peavey_vypyr_tube_60.htm

though I think you might need to scare up a little more money.

The thing is that the yamaha has a tremolo and it doesnt have 2 humbuckers.
Also does the viper have so good editing computer interface as the gdec?
1st - Don't go for Floyd Rose
2nd - Don't go for crappy Squiers
3rd - The Yamaha Pacifica is the best quality/price guitar.

There you go...
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Quote by Stevepredator
The thing is that the yamaha has a tremolo and it doesnt have 2 humbuckers.
Also does the viper have so good editing computer interface as the gdec?

the pacifica doesnt have a floating trem which is what a Floyd Rose is. It has a fixed bridge you can attach a tremelo arm to. Also you generally only use 1 humbucker at a time anyway, a neck singlecoil pup will probably give you a bit more versatility to work with.
ok, I have two questions.First on a gig with only 2 humbuckers, when pickup selector is in the middle which pickups work?(my guess would be both of them).Last does the peavy viper has good computer interface as the gdec?
i have the cort EVL-Z4 (without tremolo) but they have a model with tremolo if you want one.. it is a great guitar. EGM pickups and very nice style. it is a fast clean guitar.
Quote by Stevepredator
ok, I have two questions.First on a gig with only 2 humbuckers, when pickup selector is in the middle which pickups work?(my guess would be both of them).Last does the peavy viper has good computer interface as the gdec?

1. It depends on how the guitar is wired... TYPICALLY yes, it should be both the neck and bridge pup, but I can't say for sure until you review the guitar literature.

2. Why do you insist on having a good computer interface? You get an amp to sound good, not to muck about with its software. Trust me, the first rig you get should be easy to use.

Do you need a computer interface to sound good? No.

You want a good metal sound, the Vypyr does hard rock and metal in spades. The Fender... not so bad, but not as good as the Vypyr.

3. You don't need humbuckers to sound metal. Yngwie Malmsteen plays metal with a Fender with a SSS configuration. What you need to sound metal, is a metal amp... which the Vypyr can do very well.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
I see your point, the thing is that with the gdec you can jam along with songs, edit each tone with different effects and generally in my opinion do more.One last thing if you had to choose between the epiphone and the schester I mentioned earlier,what would you choose?
Quote by Stevepredator

- If you have a dual-humbucker guitar, when the pickup selector switch is in the middle position you're usually using both humbuckers at the same time. It's that simple.

- You don't actually NEED to use the computer interface on a Vypyr.

PS. I'd reccommend the Schecter for out-and-out metal, and the Epiphone for hardrock or below. Personally, that is. You may find the opposite to be true.

PPS. As a beginner, getting a Floyd Rose or similar system is a bad idea. It makes setting up a guitar and restringing it a lot more of a hassle, and the excessive time it will inevitably take you to set-up a guitar with Floyd is much better spent playing and practicing.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jun 6, 2011,
Quote by Stevepredator
I see your point, the thing is that with the gdec you can jam along with songs, edit each tone with different effects and generally in my opinion do more.One last thing if you had to choose between the epiphone and the schester I mentioned earlier,what would you choose?

My answer:

Quote by ragingkitty
You get an amp to sound good, not to muck about with its software.

You want a good metal sound, the Vypyr does hard rock and metal in spades.

What you need to sound metal, is a metal amp... which the Vypyr can do very well.

Trust me, once you find a sound, you will stick with it. I have a Mesa Mk V and a bucket load of pedal... but I don't muck around that much... I probably have about 6 to 7 settings I use regularly and I stick with those.

While I always recommend modeling amps to beginners for its versatility and as a vehicle to learn about the different amps and effects, I do not encourage you to spend all day mucking about with the different effects .

Why do I say that?

When I first started out, I did no know the basics of buying beginner gear. I just went and got a crappy Crate SS practice amp and a Boss GT3.

Why did I do that you ask.

My answer is the same as the answer you give now, to muck about with the different parameters. What happened? It got so complex and confusing, I couldn't get a damn good tone from the GT3.

At the end I ended either playing unplugged, plugging it into the Crate, or exploring computer modeling. The GT3 got all about 10 hours of play in 10 year... and I hardly used a lot of the features or COSM models in it, and I sold it off last year.

Waste.

Right now, My bet is you can't tell the difference between a fast reverb and a longer chorus. A digital delay and an analog delay.

Hell, you probably can't tell the difference between the Peavey's XXX, 6505, the Krank Rev+ and the Dual rectifier model... it'll all sound the same to you until you develop your ear.

You probably can't tell the difference in sound between the 6505 model and a 6505 model with TS9 in front.

So my point is, don't waste your time mucking about with tone. Get a simple to use amp that sound good AND PLAY.

So what if you can't move your chorus after your delay? Do you need to?
Will being able to have a spring reverb and a plate reverb make any difference?
No, you won't be able to tell any difference.

So take my advice, get the Peavey Vypyr, it is plenty tweakable for someone just starting out. If you want to do all the fancy stuff, learn to play better, develop your ear, learn about it here and on the Interwebz... then go out and buy something with an INFORMED DECISION.

The Fender G Dec can do a whole lot, but at the same time, the Vypyr sounds better for high gain. If you decide you want the G Dec because you feel it sounds much better for you, I would encourage you to get the G Dec over the Vypyr. However, if you want to muck about, I'd encourage you to get the Vpypr and sound good instead of wasting your practice time.

Also, regarding the guitar, its really a matter of personal comfortable and aesthetic appeal. In Flames plays metal with LPs, so why can't the Epi. That said, I'm not a fan of Epis' QC standards, so if I had to choose, I'd go for the Schetcher.

That said, in terms of value for money, I'd still go for the Yamaha Pacifica. It can do everything the Schetcher can, and it has a vintage tremolo so you still can do some trem-y stuff. At this stage, I doubt a SC or a HB will make a drastic difference to you.

Also, if you want backing tracks, you don't need a special amp to do it. There are tonnes of backing tracks on the web, and if you pick up publications like Total guitar or Guitarist, they ALSO have backing tracks that change monthly... and teach you how to play their tracks.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
First of all thank you for your complete answer.I read some reviews after seeing your answers about the vypyr and the gdec by the guitarist magazine ,and the g dec got a better rating only at the sound category because of its twitter I suppose.Also I think that the vypyr will be a little difficult to control in the beginning till I get used to it, because there is no interface so that to control all its features easily, thats why I want the pc interface, cause I am more familiar with computers than I am with amps, so I may feel at home with the gdec.I dont say by any mean that I will be able to control all the gdec's features, but I think I can try.And one last thing, if I want and I cant make my own sounds I can always download new presets from the fender site.What is your opinion about these.I hope you reply cause you seem to know a lot about gigs and amps, and I could use your help and knowledge.
Also, a les paul like the epi that I showed you, can be used for fast playing, or there are some limitation on what you can play on it?
Last edited by Stevepredator at Jun 6, 2011,
Quote by Stevepredator
First of all thank you for your complete answer.I read some reviews after seeing your answers about the vypyr and the gdec by the guitarist magazine ,and the g dec got a better rating only at the sound category because of its twitter I suppose.

IMO it gets a better rating because it performs generally consistently across most amp models - low, moderate and high gain. The cleans are really good... but the others are also pretty ok. Everything is sorta on par so when the reviewers compare it... it seems like a lot of though is put in for everything.

In contrast, the Peavey Vypyr is just about one of the best modeling amp in terms of high gain, however, its cleans are average and the mid-gainer fall short in comparison. Hence the high gain models set a high standard, but the others can't keep up.

Quote by Stevepredator
Also I think that the vypyr will be a little difficult to control in the beginning till I get used to it

Its really not rocket science... you need to focus less on the visuals and focus more on the aural. You're playing an instrument... and playing an instrument is also about hearing, less about seeing.

To change settings , you push and twist knobs. Trust me, in a day you'll be flying all over the Vypyr making changes and patches... you'll forget you even needed a mouse to make changes.

The Vypyr's settings are very intuitive, just try it out... you'll see what I mean.

Quote by Stevepredator
because there is no interface so that to control all its features easily, thats why I want the pc interface, cause I am more familiar with computers than I am with amps, so I may feel at home with the gdec.I dont say by any mean that I will be able to control all the gdec's features, but I think I can try.

You're learning a new instrument... everything is going to be new. Don't cripple yourself just because you are reliant on a computer in the past. As mentioned, the Vypyr is very easy to tweak.

Even if you are a visual person, the Vypyr uses LEDs in its control panel. The LEDs are fairly bright so you can easily see your settings.

Quote by Stevepredator
And one last thing, if I want and I cant make my own sounds I can always download new presets from the fender site.What is your opinion about these.I hope you reply cause you seem to know a lot about gigs and amps, and I could use your help and knowledge.

Patches and presets? You don't need them... there are tonnes of forums and websites where people share settings, I've included one here.
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3038&sid=e8389958c4fd3b96c0e9d45aa071a020

also, take it from me. Oftentimes, a lot of people make patches that sound good to them. However it may not sound good to you. Just ask anyone that has a modelling amp how often they use stock patches. Chances are, 5% - 10% of the time.

Most people will prefer the patches they make or even other people's custom patches... usually not those from the factory.

If you make your own, well its not necessary for a computer interface once you're familiar with the amp, isit?

If you need other users patches... just type in Peavey Vypyr settings / patches... I'm sure you'll have more than you know what to do with.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Well all you say its true.But one thing I didnt mention before,I want the amp and the gig that I will buy to last at me for at least two years without any mods (Sanpera footswitch, new pickups you get the picture),so I want to buy the best of the 2 amps to fully satisfie me for all this time so all these things you mentioned about the gdec may come in handy to me some time in the future when I learn more.So I buy something today that will satisfy me for a long time and help me find out ( too ) many things about gigs.Also, I really like the Yamaha pacificas now that I saw them better, especially the 212 in this colour http://www.thomann.de/gr/yamaha_pacifica_212v_qm_cb.htm
Can you tell me how better it is than the 112 you mentioned, and if its worth the extra cash?
Those new Pacificas look really good but I think a lot of the extra you're paying is for the fancy quilted maple finish. If you can afford it - go for it. Honestly, a Yamaha Pacifica is a fantastic guitar and will certainly last you a long time. Sure, you'll move on to better guitars in time but the point is that the Pacifica can stay with you, maybe as a backup guitar or maybe to give you a different sound. Your next guitar might have twin humbuckers so it will be cool to have an HSS guitar to give you a different tonal option. What's more, unlike a cheap Squier, the Yamaha is well worth upgrading over time so better pickups etc. is a realistic option and a worthwhile investment. You won't regret it.

As for the amp, I understand what you're saying about the Fender but in my opinion you're wrong. The Fender may be a bit more versatile but you're saddled with a number of OK tones instead of a few great ones. I play through a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade which is four channels and has 125 possible presets yet I spend 90% of the time on the Lead channel using a very similar setting. If you REALLY want versatility, buy a multi-effects system like the Digitech RP series. For little more than the cost of a Vypyr 30w you could get a Digitech RP500 that has far more effects, better quality effects, more amp models, better quality amp models, computer interface and recording facilities. You can interface it with a computer to edit patches, play along with a song or backing track on the computer, listen to it through headphones late at night or listen to it loud by playing it through either your PC or a small powered speaker. You want it to last you for a while? When you're ready to gig, simply take your RP500 and plug it into the PA and you're good to go. Well worth considering and a damn sight lighter to carry around!
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
there's an hh pacifica if you're really that worried... 120 or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Have you considered the VOX Valvetronix amps?

They pack a lot of bang for your buck, and sound great too.
[post="27275574"]Gibson SG Angus Sig[/post]
Quote by Stevepredator
Well all you say its true.But one thing I didnt mention before,I want the amp and the gig that I will buy to last at me for at least two years without any mods (Sanpera footswitch, new pickups you get the picture),so I want to buy the best of the 2 amps to fully satisfie me for all this time so all these things you mentioned about the gdec may come in handy to me some time in the future when I learn more.So I buy something today that will satisfy me for a long time and help me find out ( too ) many things about gigs.Also, I really like the Yamaha pacificas now that I saw them better, especially the 212 in this colour http://www.thomann.de/gr/yamaha_pacifica_212v_qm_cb.htm
Can you tell me how better it is than the 112 you mentioned, and if its worth the extra cash?

First off... its a rig. A gig refers to a paying (or non-paying) public performance.

Second, there's no such thing as a rig that lasts unchanged for 2 years. Within the 2 years, you'll have want for something... whether its a nut upgrade for your guitar, a pedal, better cables, eBow... etc etc. We're all guitarists here... and we'd be lying if we said that we're not affected by GAS. We all are.

You buy the G Dec. I'll give you 1 year before you start hunting for something... anything.

You buy the Vypyr. I'll give you 1 year before you start hunting for something... anything.

It doesn't matter what you buy, at the end, the bottomline is... you're gonna get hit by GAS. I'm advising you to get the Vypyr because when GAS hits, it won't be because you dislike your tone and you buy another practice amp.

What do you think the G Dec will be handy for, that the Vypyr can't do? A visual interface of your digital pedals? Trust me, after a while, that visual interface just won't do it for you anymore. You might as well get the amp that will give you the best bang for your buck sound-wise, rather than having cool visual toys to muck around with.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Well, I read again your replies, raginkitty, and I understand tha you say that the vypyr is best for metal and hard rock, but I want to play at first all kinds of music, so I can later know exactly what I want.Lastly, so we can put this thing to an end, schester or pacifica 212.They have almost the same price, and I like them both the same, so can you tell me the pros and cons of each guitar?
Quote by Stevepredator
Well, I read again your replies, raginkitty, and I understand tha you say that the vypyr is best for metal and hard rock, but I want to play at first all kinds of music, so I can later know exactly what I want.Lastly, so we can put this thing to an end, schester or pacifica 212.They have almost the same price, and I like them both the same, so can you tell me the pros and cons of each guitar?

You keep thanking everyone for their input and completely ignoring their advice and telling them they dont know what they;re talking about. Consider the advice or stop posting. Listen to what we're saying.

The Peavey modeling is lightyears better than the fender's because it basically contains peavey's revalver software. It WILL play ALL styles better than the fender and it isnt hard to use at all. believe me, its simple as can be. You will get better tone and it will last you longer so why waste your time because you "know computers better." Get to know amps, because you're gonna need to know them if youre gonna stick with guitar.

Guitar wise, all of the recommendations up to now have been very good for beginners.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Yamaha Pacifica without a doubt. It will do everything you want, it will do it well, it's fantastic for upgrading when the time comes, there's a good market for it if you want to sell it later on as it's a well recognised brand and has a nice, slim, modern neck for you to play. There really are no downsides to the Pacifica.

For the amp; if you really want a conventional guitar amp, get either the Vypyr 30w or a used Roland Cube 30X. Both are fantastic amps, both will give you a decent range of good quality tones and both will be a hell of a lot easier to move on when the time comes than the Fender. Other than that, I strongly advise you to look at something from the Digitech RP series as it will do all you want and more and is still possible to use when you get a better amp later on to provide alternative amp sounds and all of your effects. That's the option that will last you longer than anything else without a shadow of a doubt.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by racman92
You keep thanking everyone for their input and completely ignoring their advice and telling them they dont know what they;re talking about. Consider the advice or stop posting. Listen to what we're saying.

The Peavey modeling is lightyears better than the fender's because it basically contains peavey's revalver software. It WILL play ALL styles better than the fender and it isnt hard to use at all. believe me, its simple as can be. You will get better tone and it will last you longer so why waste your time because you "know computers better." Get to know amps, because you're gonna need to know them if youre gonna stick with guitar.

Guitar wise, all of the recommendations up to now have been very good for beginners.

+1

I give up.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Ok, lets say we dump the g dec.Could you please compare the fender mustang III with the Vypyr?
Last edited by Stevepredator at Jun 7, 2011,
Are you determined to buy a Fender amp? Anyway, it's a good amp but I'd say that the Vypyr is still your better option for the reasons stated above.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I feel ashamed of this community sometimes.

Go to a shop, and try it out!
It's your money, so you decide what to buy.
Of course, all help is appreciated.
But I hate it when people around here keep saying "Peavey is better, just because I haven't tried anything else."

I'm not dissing anyone here, but please, if you like one sort of amp or guitar, but only because you haven't tried anything else, be honest about it.
It means you can use the Peavey as an interface to record.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Everyone trying to give this kid advise are assholes!!!!!!!!!! You keep insulting the fact he likes the Gdec, but all you talk about is the vyper. You can tell you are all metal head douchebags. If you are new to guitar you should get a modeling amp. It gives you a huge variety of sound and effects at a dirt cheap price. Of course you can do better, but when you turn 16 and buy your first car do you buy a bently or a lambo???

The vox vt amps are miles beyond fender or peavy vypers modeling amps. The new mustangs are far superior to vypers and gdecs. vypers gdecs and line 6 spiders are all about equivalant. and all you schecter fan boys need to get a life!!! les pauls have been around since the what 50s? they are tried and true. schecters are for uk faries. No respectable artists play schects. No one even heard of schects 15 years ago.

I say if you like the Gdec go with the gdec. It is like what??? 200 bucks?? It is not like you are breaking the bank on the gdec. If you dont like it sell it. IF you are a serious guitar player and musician, you will hate metal within 2 years anyway. Experiment. Do not let people tell you what gear to buy. Ask opinons, take advice, then do what you feel is best.
Last edited by jsspang at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by jsspang
Everyone trying to give this kid advise are assholes!!!!!!!!!! You keep insulting the fact he likes the Gdec, but all you talk about is the vyper. You can tell you are all metal head douchebags. If you are new to guitar you should get a modeling amp. It gives you a huge variety of sound and effects at a dirt cheap price. Of course you can do better, but when you turn 16 and buy your first car do you buy a bently or a lambo???

The vox vt amps are miles beyond fender or peavy vypers modeling amps. The new mustangs are far superior to vypers and gdecs. vypers gdecs and line 6 spiders are all about equivalant. and all you schecter fan boys need to get a life!!! les pauls have been around since the what 50s? they are tried and true. schecters are for uk faries. No respectable artists play schects. No one even heard of schects 15 years ago.

I say if you like the Gdec go with the gdec. It is like what??? 200 bucks?? It is not like you are breaking the bank on the gdec. If you dont like it sell it. IF you are a serious guitar player and musician, you will hate metal within 2 years anyway. Experiment. Do not let people tell you what gear to buy. Ask opinons, take advice, then do what you feel is best.

Touché

And you have also ignored the fact that the G Dec, Vypyr and VT are all modeling guitar.

In effect, all your advice amounts to is flaming others and giving no advice. No one has heard of Schecter Guitar Research? Have you heard of ESP? They own Schecter. Do you own a LCD or plasma TV? You do realise that no one has heard of them 50 years ago. If you own anything other and a black and white TV and a tube radio, you're quite the hypocrite.

Also since you seem too full of yourself to think logically. Just because a modeling is newer, doesn't necessarily mean that its modeling capabilities are better or improved.

Grow up then come back when you've learned to talk without insulting or flaming anyone kiddo.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 8, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
Touché

And you have also ignored the fact that the G Dec, Vypyr and VT are all modeling guitar.

In effect, all your advice amounts to is flaming others and giving no advice. No one has heard of Schecter Guitar Research? Have you heard of ESP? They own Schecter. Do you own a LCD or plasma TV? You do realise that no one has heard of them 50 years ago. If you own anything other and a black and white TV and a tube radio, you're quite the hypocrite.

Grow up then come back when you've learned to talk without insulting or flaming anyone kiddo.

IF you read what I actually wrote, you would see I SUGGEST begginers buying a modeling amp. I made it a point that every amp I mentioned IS a modeling amp, of of them, vyper is among the middle to bottom of the bunch.

As far as your absurd comparison of televisons to guitars, let me cover just some of the reasons you are wrong.... New technologies are always better. Schecter is nothing new, as you said yourself, it is repackaged old technologies (esp/ltd). What has schect done to improve on what esp or ltd for that matter has already done???

Do you want a 32 inch tv that is the size of the refridgerator, with a blurry picture and 2 a/v inputs??? or do you you want a 65 inch tv, that weighs 20 lbs, is high def and has 4 hdmi imputs, 3 a/v imputs , and a fiber optic input at a fraction of the price of the crvt tvs?

I do not flame, i speak my opinion. Sorry if I am on a higher level then you ragginkiddie. Until schect comes out with something original and innovative, they are imitations of the real deal.
Last edited by jsspang at Jun 8, 2011,
Quote by jsspang
IF you read what I actually wrote, you would see I SUGGEST begginers buying a modeling amp. I made it a point that every amp I mentioned IS a modeling amp, of of them, vyper is among the middle to bottom of the bunch.

As far as your absurd comparison of televisons to guitars, let me cover just some of the reasons you are wrong.... New technologies are always better. Schecter is nothing new, as you said yourself, it is repackaged old technologies (esp/ltd). What has schect done to improve on what esp or ltd for that matter has already done???

Do you want a 32 inch tv that is the size of the refridgerator, with a blurry picture and 2 a/v inputs??? or do you you want a 65 inch tv, that weighs 20 lbs, is high def and has 4 hdmi imputs, 3 a/v imputs , and a fiber optic input at a fraction of the price of the crvt tvs?

I do not flame, i speak my opinion. Sorry if I am on a higher level then you ragginkiddie. Until schect comes out with something original and innovative, they are imitations of the real deal.

Wow... more name calling... you love being reported don't you.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Page 1 of 3