Quote by carnagereap666
Hello,
My Snark tuner is very dim. I believe it's because the head fell off once, but I need to know if there is a way to fix it. It's almost unreadable. It could be batteries, but I don't have any that fit right now.

These are the $20 tuners? If a new battery does not work, you can pick up a new one. I can't imagine any repairs being cost effective.
Wouldn't it make more sense to find a battery first? I'm sure you're concerned that it's broken, but asking for a way to fix a problem that probably doesn't exist in the first place is sort of pointless if you can't rule out the battery as a culprit.
Again, you should replace the batteries. The list of things you can do to repair something that small is very short, and you're ignoring the easiest and most likely fix.
Quote by carnagereap666
I don't have those type of batteries at the moment, and all my money is going towards an Ltd 7-string, so I need to know if there is any way to fix it besides batteries right now.

It takes one battery, a cr2032, which costs $1, and you can't afford it?

Then you can't afford to fix it anyway, and what's the point of the thread?
Quote by Arby911
It takes one battery, a cr2032, which costs $1, and you can't afford it?

Then you can't afford to fix it anyway, and what's the point of the thread?

I can afford it, but I don't own that type of battery at the moment, and I can't get to the battery store for awhile. I could probably afford to fix it, but I am just wondering if there is a solution to my problem without getting a new one or having to replace the battery. I think the battery is fine. It didn't become dim until I dropped it.
Maybe try flinging it at the ceiling? (a joke!) Sometimes popping out the battery and putting it back in will also help.
did you think to check if the battery is still making proper contact with the terminals after you dropped it?

and seriously is there no other appliance in your house that doesnt use that same battery so you can test it and see if it is the battery that is at fault?
Quote by Oldmonkeys
did you think to check if the battery is still making proper contact with the terminals after you dropped it?

and seriously is there no other appliance in your house that doesnt use that same battery so you can test it and see if it is the battery that is at fault?

Unfortunately, there isn't.
well you really need to just find a battery. honestly, if it was a problem that needed repairing, it would take less time and less money to just order a new one.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm coming into this thread a year late but I thought I would give all the other people out there a solution for this. (this was the first page that popped up for "snark dim") You need to pop open the tuner (one single screw where the battery pulls out and the rest snaps out) Look where the screen is soldered to the board. There is often a very poorly soldered connection there. re-solder and you're ready to go! Should take you about five minutes to fix. while you're in there you might want to tighten up the tolerances for the battery contacts as well.
Quote by carnagereap666
Unfortunately, there isn't.

well, you most likely have a computer and most computers use this battery for to backup the BIOS so you most likely do have this battery sitting around.

my guitar shop i bought my snark from has batteries for $.50 (cuz they buy in bulk), maybe the guitar shop might have one?

you're gonna catch shit til you try that battery.

if changing the batter doesn't work, then i recommend buying a new one as you probably don't want to attempt to trouble shoot and fix a SMD.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae