I've heard that the black with yellow bevels version of the RR24 has been discontinued. However, I can still find it for sale (new) at very few websites.

Some of these sites include:

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/guitar/electric/jackson-rr24-randy-rhoads-electric-guitar---black--yellow#axzz1OUblbSsN

http://www.promusicinternational.co.uk/product/Jackson+RR24+%28Black+%2F+Yellow%29+Ex-Demo+18%25+OFF+2913024577/Jackson+RR24+%28Black+%2F+Yellow%29+Ex-Demo+18%25+OFF

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Electric-guitars/auction-371409936.htm

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/jackson-rr24-black-with-yellow/16315

As you can see, all of the sites I've provided are European sites, and most of them are UK. Does this mean it is still being produced in Europe?

I'm really confused, because I'm really dying for that guitar. So, is it discontinued or what? Do you think I should get it from one of these sites?
They are all discontinued. They are probably NOS I imagine.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ebay is your friend...
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Quote by Tom 1.0
They are all discontinued. They are probably NOS I imagine.

You mean all the Jackson RR24's are discontinued?! NO!!!

Anyway, if they are all discontinued, then why can I still find them at many sites? May I ask what are your sources?

EDIT: Phew. They are not discontinued. Oh my God you made my heart jump out my mouth.

See the Jackson website, they still have them. All they did is replace the black/yellow one with gold/black.

Anyway, do you think they discontinued it for any performance problems? If so, then I'm not getting it. The black and yellow I mean.
Last edited by Ameer27 at Jun 6, 2011,
I just remember them all being a limited run of them

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I just remember them all being a limited run of them

But what are your sources?
Yes, the black/yellow finish is discontinued.

Tom, you're probably thinking of a limited run that they did of the black/yellow finish but with reversed sharkfin inlays and different fretboard binding.
Ah ok cool, yeah that would make sense

They were basically the Alexi sig they never got to make...

Sorry TS, I was wrong

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Alexi did actually have a sig run with jackson, limited and most were sold in finland!

Also a fair few sites are listing certain jackson and Charvel guitars as discontinued temporarily due to the fact that theres nothing to import at the moment
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
It is true that you can never be sure with Jackson. Their website is awful and riddled with errors, and most of the changes to their lineup seem to slip under the radar until one of us fanatics notice that a certain model seems to no longer be available.

It's especially annoying to me, a confessed Jackson fanboy. Hell, I could do better, and I'm no marketing expert.
The red and yellow where only limited runs for a year. Now them make these ugly gold ones.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
The red and yellow where only limited runs for a year. Now them make these ugly gold ones.

They're still selling the black w/ red bevels . Check it out in the Jackson website. And you can also find it in so many online stores.

EDIT: Also the one with red bevels looks really cool. I'm considering either it or the white one with black bevels. Which one do you think looks "cooler?"
Last edited by Ameer27 at Jun 7, 2011,
Can I contact Jackson and ask for a custom one that's just like the rest of the RR24 guitars, but with yellow bevels? I know it would cost more, but I hope it wouldn't cost much more. I went to the custom shop, but I couldn't find an option to make it like the black/yellow RR24.

I checked the Jackson website in order to contact them, but it seems there is no way to do so! There is no "Contact Us" link, and there is not even a phone number! How can I contact them?
Quote by Ameer27
Can I contact Jackson and ask for a custom one that's just like the rest of the RR24 guitars, but with yellow bevels? I know it would cost more, but I hope it wouldn't cost much more. I went to the custom shop, but I couldn't find an option to make it like the black/yellow RR24.

I checked the Jackson website in order to contact them, but it seems there is no way to do so! There is no "Contact Us" link, and there is not even a phone number! How can I contact them?

Yes and no. You can get a custom that's specced like the RR24, in that finish. But, the RR24 is a mid range guitar produced in their Japanese factory. If you ordered a custom it would come from their USA Custom Shop and it would probably cost somewhere in the region of $3-4,000 US.

So, 3 or 4 times more expensive than an RR24. Of course it would be a better guitar too. Jackson CS makes some great stuff.

You don't order customs direct from them, you have to go through an official Jackson dealer. If there isn't an option for something on the custom shop form, just note down what you want in the 'other' section. The dealer sends the form off to Jackson and comes back to you with a quote. Normally you'd have to pay about half up front and half on delivery. Wait times can be a year, sometimes two.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Yes and no. You can get a custom that's specced like the RR24, in that finish. But, the RR24 is a mid range guitar produced in their Japanese factory. If you ordered a custom it would come from their USA Custom Shop and it would probably cost somewhere in the region of $3-4,000 US.

So, 3 or 4 times more expensive than an RR24. Of course it would be a better guitar too. Jackson CS makes some great stuff.

You don't order customs direct from them, you have to go through an official Jackson dealer. If there isn't an option for something on the custom shop form, just note down what you want in the 'other' section. The dealer sends the form off to Jackson and comes back to you with a quote. Normally you'd have to pay about half up front and half on delivery. Wait times can be a year, sometimes two.

Oh my God, it's so expensive! It's about three times the price of a normal RR24. Hell, no, then I'll get the one with red bevels.

And you said wait times can be a year?! OMG this makes things even worse! No, I'd prefer to get the one with red bevels even if I like the one with yellow bevels more.
Last edited by Ameer27 at Jun 8, 2011,
Quote by Ameer27
Oh my God, it's so expensive! It's about three times the price of a normal RR24. Hell, no, then I'll get the one with red bevels.

And you said wait times can be a year?! OMG this makes things even worse! No, I'd prefer to get the one with red bevels even if I like the one with yellow bevels more.

Yes, well, that's just how the Custom Shop rolls. Even for their standard USA models it's not unknown for someone to have to wait almost as long for a guitar they've ordered. They seem to build them in batches, so it depends on where they are in the building cycle compared to when people place their orders.

And yes, it is expensive. Their standard USA series is about twice the price of the top Japanese Pro line (which includes the RR24), and the Custom Shop is naturally more expensive than that. Even then it can still be cheaper than other big companies' custom work.

Have you thought about looking for the black/yellow model used or NOS?
Jesus, just buy a new one and get it refinished. Its not rocket science.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Ameer27
They're still selling the black w/ red bevels . Check it out in the Jackson website. And you can also find it in so many online stores.

EDIT: Also the one with red bevels looks really cool. I'm considering either it or the white one with black bevels. Which one do you think looks "cooler?"

White with black bevels all the way.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100