Hi guys,

After listening to the Crash Test Dummies (you probably know them from Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm) a lot lately I want to be able to reach the deep and low notes the singer sings. I can reach some low notes pretty easily, but some seem to far out of reach. Is there a way to train my voice or something? I have very little knowledge on singing and vocal techniques...

Any tips or help would be very appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP1gaD70grg
There are techniques to sing louder, or higher ( about an octave higher tank your normal voice, but your voice's texture changes radically) but nothing for lower.
I don't think there are any technique for Extending vocal range. I mean there aren't anything magical, most exercises that claim to extend vocal range are only regular exercises, if you do it a lot your vocal range will extend over time, but singing your favorite songs as low as you can sing it have the same effect.
No I guess there is no magical technique. Ah well, I will just practice. It's not like I was planning to do anything with my voice. Would just be cool to be able to sing that awesome. Thanks for the help
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
There are techniques to sing louder, or higher ( about an octave higher tank your normal voice, but your voice's texture changes radically) but nothing for lower.

Well, he could use vocal fry, but like falsetto, it's not as dynamic and your voice "texture" will change.
If you want to sing low, you have to get a giant black diick and put it in your throat to stretch your vocal chords so more and gargle his cum as it makes your voice deeper.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Everyones voice is different, You shouldnt practice by reaching for these notes.

I look at it like this. Theres an area in your voice that is most comfortable. You use dynamics maybe even switch notes pretty good and maybe a consistent air flow. But most importantly its effortless. Keep singing like this and even tho you may be able to go pretty low already. youll be able to hit the same notes the same way you do your easy notes.

stay on easy notes = gain easy notes
practice on hard notes = stay on hard notes

because improper use of singing damages your voice,

You really cant go wrong by just staying on easy notes. Its ok to reach for some notes here and there but thats not where you want to be practicing.
I hit his range by opening my throat just a bit. It drops my adams apple down.
Try not to use a lot of force, it's a pretty slow release of air.

Also, i'm not sure how old you are.. but drinking to much coffee really inhibits me from reaching bass. Although i am a baritone by nature already.
Quote by seeneyj
If you want to sing low, you have to get a giant black diick and put it in your throat to stretch your vocal chords so more and gargle his cum as it makes your voice deeper.

I guess this is evidence that what works for one person won't necessarily work for everyone.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Extending your range downward is the same as extending your range upwards. By learning and practicing good technique, you remove the barriers that are preventing you from hitting the notes that would otherwise be within your physical limitations to hit. When you practice singing upwards and downwards as you practice technique, those notes that were a little blurry and hard to hit before will start sounding a little better.... and as they start sounding better because you are hitting them more and more correctly, you will - every now and again - find yourself being able to add one on to the pile.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.