Page 1 of 2
I am starting to get into horror movies, but am having a hard time finding good ones. So far, the descent is the best one i have seen, and i really liked it. I am not a big fan of slashers. I try to get suspenseful movies that make you jump.
死亡寫真 (Abnormal Beauty)

A Chinese Horror Movie
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Try R.E.C. 1&2 they are in spanish but they're some of the best horror movies i've seen.
Lifes all good till you're dead
Quote by Scythuz
Try R.E.C. 1&2 they are in spanish but they're some of the best horror movies i've seen.

Dude, REC gave me motion sickness - I couldn't watch it . I mean ffs, lemmings gives me motion sickness.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Creature of the Black Lagoon and The Howling are probably the two scariest films out there.
the decent...really? I have over 100 gigs of horror, let me throw my top ten out there and trust me when i say, they are freakin horror

1. The midnight meat train (gore, gore, GORE)
2. House of 1000 corpses
3. The devil's rejects
4. Rec (euro pre-curser to Quarantine but WAY freakin better)
5. Rec 2 (if you want something that'll make u jump, these 2 will make u piss your pants)
6. The Poughkeepsie Tapes
7. The House of the Devil (80's slasher filmed in 2009, very cool, will def make u jump)
8. Pontypool (not really horror but sorta a zombie mind-**** movie)
9. I spit on your grave (more suspense/thriller but you will love it)
10. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (maybe?)

These aren't really in order and I'm sure theres a ton im forgetting, also any of the new remakes i would def check out (Halloween 1 and 2 by Rob zombie were the best, the new Friday the 13th weren't bad, New Nightmare on Elm street was ok), the old (and new) Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, can't go wrong and Ive personally always found any exorcism movies pretty creepy (Anneliese the exorcist tapes, the last exorcism, and the original exorcist were all decent enough)

Hope this helped, check em out
[rec] 1 & 2 is a must watch for sure! Best.

I really didn't like the new Halloweens.. just felt like any other new age unstoppable force terror..
Friday 13th was pretty cool though.
stay very far away from the NEW A nightmare on Elm street. just go and watch the originals, the are amazingly horrific and eerie!

And if you haven't already.. check the paranormal activity movies and blair witch project... everyone don't be hatin' now! they aal did the job whether you like to admit it or not..
Session 9 was quite good. It was filmed in this creepy as **** mental hospital a few towns over from me.

Never saw [rec] but I've heard great things about it. The Hills Have Eyes might be a good choice as well.

@Sar877: I hated House of 1000 Corpses, I jumped a few times but they felt like cheap jump-out-of-the-darkness type scares. The special effects work was great but the plotline was horrifically cliche, and not in a good nostalgic way. TS might want to give it a try, but I'd go in not expecting much from it.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
30 days of night is pretty good I think.

EDIT:

Also, Hai Harmz.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Last edited by Hells_Bell at Jun 6, 2011,
Evil Dead, anyone?
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
This thread is a gore fest, no actual horror, just jumpy-moment films. So go watch I Saw the Devil, that's gory and awesome.
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Evil Dead, anyone?

Awesome movie, definitely worth watching, but TS specifically asked for something that would make him crap his pants in fear, not a gorefest.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Insidious is the best horror i've seen recently.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by Scythuz

This. Seriously, end the thread.

28 Days Later. Best modern British horror film ever?

For old-skool chills, look at some old Hammer Horror films from the 60's and 70's. Cheesy, but awesome.
Quote by FiddleJohnny

I loved In The Mouth of Madness, but it could have gone deeper into the Lovecraftian mythos sort of thing it had going.

And since we're talking about John Carpenter movies, The Thing is great.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
The Shining is a classic of psychological horror. It's based on Stephen King's novel. I watched it when I was about six, it sure scared the crap out of me.

Also check out Silent Hill if you're a fan of game series.
Kombat Gear:

House of the Devil. ****ing terrifying, and it does have some gore moments.

Blair Witch Project. One of the few movies that has ever creeped me out. Don't watch if you don't like hand held camera.

Wait Until Dark. More suspenseful, still creepy. Find the version with Alan Arkin and Audrey Hepburn.
          Crazier than a fish with titties.
          Quote by Lord_Hondros
          That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
          Grandfather clocks and jizz.
          Justin Bieber: Never say Never.
          The thing that scares me about it is the fact that the little **** has his own movie.
          Quote by anvil is god
          Is the exorcist scary?

A bit, it's worth watching.
          Crazier than a fish with titties.
          Quote by Lord_Hondros
          That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
          Grandfather clocks and jizz.

protip: click the picture.
          There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
          Quote by anvil is god
          I am starting to get into horror movies, but am having a hard time finding good ones. So far, the descent is the best one i have seen, and i really liked it. I am not a big fan of slashers. I try to get suspenseful movies that make you jump.

The Shining
          The Thing (John Carpenter's remake)
          The Texas Chains Saw Massacre (original)
          The Exorcist
          The Evil Dead
          Mulholland Drive
          Jacob's Ladder
          Night of the Living Dead
          Dawn of the Dead
          Day of the Dead
          The Silence of the Lambs

If you haven't seen any of these, get on that shit immediately.
          Night of the Living Dead. Dawn of the Dead (original, remake is crappy). Day of the Dead. Don't watch any more 'of the dead' than the original trilogy, the new ones are terrible.

28 Days/Weeks Later are both good. Session 9 and the Others are more psychological, I liked them. If you want to delve into older horrors, look at ones like The Thing (1982) and anything Vincent Price has been in, the guy is awesome, especially House of Wax (make sure its not the shitty remake) and Theatre of Blood.

Also the original Amityville Horror. Check out Psycho by Alfred Hitchcock, that's a pretty classic film. Maybe check out Pam's Labyrinth as well, not exactly horror but its creepy.

In general I'd go for the originals every time, remakes tend to be pretty terrible.
          Call me Matthew.
          Last edited by Masshuu at Jun 6, 2011,
          A Serbian Film
          August Underground

^^^^^

Yeah not really 'jumpy' just more 'fcked up'

More Thriller than Horror but yea

'Br00t4l G0r3 F1lMs'
          Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Jun 6, 2011,
          Here's my list of great ones
          1. The Shining
          2. 30 Days of Night
          3. 28 Days Later
          4. Night of the Living Dead (both)
          5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (both)
          6. Dawn of the Dead (both)
          7. Hostel 2
          8. The Exorcist
          9. Phantasm
          10. Jaws
          also maybe try The Twilight Zone. it's not horror, but it is definitely very suspenseful and there are a good number of jumpy moments. based on the OP, i think you would like it, TS.

episodes such as "The Hitch-Hiker," "The Invaders," "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?," "The After Hours," and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" would be good suggestions.
          There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
          I'll definitely second...or maybe sixth or seventh...Rec. Pretty creepy ass film.
          Paranormal Activity? Most people say it was shit scary, though I didn't agree.
          Gin Gwai. The original version of The Eye, not the god awful jessica alba remake. The only film that's left a lasting fear on me.
          as a gorehound and collector (not as much as I was in high school though):

1. maniac (1980) - watching this alone at 3 am in pitch darkness was terrifying

2. original Night of the Living Dead - the conscious social commentary was ahead of its time

3. the thing (1982)

4. eraserhead - basically a nightmare on film

5. the original Halloween - rz did a good update and it's more solid than most sequels were, but the originals still the best
          #DTWD
          The Grudge, anyone?

(Sorry for the large picture)
          Quote by Kill A Kitten
          You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
          Last edited by Low Man's Lyric at Jun 6, 2011,
          This:
          (Invalid img)

Quote by Shredder XXX
          how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
          Page 1 of 2