hi,i want to upgrade my guitar, i ve just a cheap no brand guitar but with it now i've gained some quite advanced techniques.
For lack of money i had to keep it for 8 years.
I want a good guitar (new) for about 400 eur, i like ibanez and i saw this
http://www.thomann.de/it/ibanez_rg350dxz_wh.htm?sid=a3825cc2b74715f8e055391b30e0ac5c

The specs are quite the same of the high end ibanez but pickups are inf3/4 that i ve heard doing their job and the tremolo is an edge zero II.
I've heard of some problems on ibanez trems and i want to know if it hold the nune and if it is reliable cause with the pickup i can live but i wanna a reliable instrument.
Consider that i'm,despite a good knowledge, an amateur playing only for the pleasure to do it so no gigs,professional use of the gt.
So is it worth the money?fit the genres in my sig?
if you can save a little bit more, i would say get one of these guys

http://www.thomann.de/it/ibanez_rga42tfmz_trb.htm

EDIT: otherwise the one you picked is really pretty nice. But to get a real good trem you need to spend a little bit more
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by CemetaryGates90
if you can save a little bit more, i would say get one of these guys

http://www.thomann.de/it/ibanez_rga42tfmz_trb.htm

EDIT: otherwise the one you picked is really pretty nice. But to get a real good trem you need to spend a little bit more

The strange thing is i woulbe happy also with a vintage tremolo,no need of a floyd rose but they have only floyd rose aniway what the diff between edge zero II and III i've heard that the increased number is for cheaper ones.
nope, the edge 3 is the newer system and is deff better. if you want to go with a vintage tremolo you would have to go with something like a strat or a PRS probably in your price range. I think ibanez makes an amazing guitar for the price, and they are incredibly versatile. But PRS's are also really nice. the thing is you wont know which kind you will like til you try them. I hate the way PRS's feel, ive never played one i liked. I know they are really nice guitar, and they sound really nice, i just dont like the feel of them. you may be happy with them though, you should see if there is anyone in your area who carries both so you can try them.
Gear:
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Ibanez EX
but over all the EDGE tremolos are pretty crappy, so it being better than a Edge II isnt a huge improvement.
Gear:
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Ibanez EX
Quote by CemetaryGates90
but over all the EDGE tremolos are pretty crappy, so it being better than a Edge II isnt a huge improvement.

guys i've read that there is a stop bar to change to full floating to normal,is this present is edge zero II/edge zero III and what about zps
have i to check if in the specs it says edge zero w/zps?
Quote by KDC
The strange thing is i woulbe happy also with a vintage tremolo,no need of a floyd rose but they have only floyd rose aniway what the diff between edge zero II and III i've heard that the increased number is for cheaper ones.

Not really. There's quite a bit out there about the differences in Ibanez trems... but basically the Edge III seems to give the biggest problems.

I need to know what you are looking for in a guitar. 24 frets? fingerboard? HSH? SSS? trem or hard tail... can you give us some more details. Also what type of music are you using it for?

The thing is that everyone has different likes and dislikes.

When I saw that you picked an Ibby, I started thinking that you're using it for shred, which is probably what CemetaryGates90 is thinking too.

Personally, unless you're gonna use it for shred, I'd like to recommend a PRS SE. After using an Ibanez and FR guitars for 10 years, I'm starting to look to a simple and more refined instrument too.

See if you can find a place to try one of these... I tried one and I love it.
http://www.thomann.de/it/prs_se_custom_24_wb.htm
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by KDC
guys i've read that there is a stop bar to change to full floating to normal,is this present is edge zero II/edge zero III and what about zps
have i to check if in the specs it says edge zero w/zps?

You're thinking of the ZR trem there.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
You're thinking of the ZR trem there.

Ibanez has the new Edge Zero as well as the Edge Zero II which also has the ZPS system.

TS : the edge zero II is new so few people have tried it. If anything, the Edge Zero II would most likely last longer than the old Edge III thanks to the ZPS system.

Go try it out at a store if you can. Thats pretty much the only way you'd know it it suits you.
Last edited by Syriel at Jun 6, 2011,
Quote by Syriel
Ibanez has the new Edge Zero as well as the Edge Zero II which also has the ZPS system.

Oh, I'm a little behind the times then.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
yes,i need it for shredding
I like the look of the rg (like a jem) but i want also a reliable instrument cause i dont think I wont get another one for a long time.
Damn tremolo it is the only thing said to be not so good.
Quote by KDC
yes,i need it for shredding
I like the look of the rg (like a jem) but i want also a reliable instrument cause i dont think I wont get another one for a long time.
Damn tremolo it is the only thing said to be not so good.

I'd get it, but try it out at a store first. Like i said, the Edge Zero II hasn't been tried and tested much yet as its new, but if its the same as the original Edge Zero, you can lock the ZPS system if ever its unstable.
Is 400+ Euros the highest you can go? Give us your upper most budget.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by Syriel
I'd get it, but try it out at a store first. Like i said, the Edge Zero II hasn't been tried and tested much yet as its new, but if its the same as the original Edge Zero, you can lock the ZPS system if ever its unstable.

no way to test it
I would get it online so i'm asking for feedbacks however i can wait a bit to see how the tremolo is rated
I wouldnt spend more of 500 eur imo a guitar cant cost thousands as the jems,it just not fair, they're not made of gold ( i like also the malmsteen strat but hey 2000+ eur,impossible for me ) and remember i would not make a professional use of it,i just wanna a good guitar,
would be the first for me.
If you're brave enough to go used, would you consider something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-RG570-NEW-/290573275879?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item43a78452e7#ht_500wt_1156

Ask the seller if they'll ship to Italy. Comes with either a edge lo-pro or original edge trem, dependant on year (don't think the year is on the listing).

Please don't confuse edge, edge pro or edge lo-pro trem with the useless edge 3. The former are considered amongst the finest locking trems, where the edge 3 was cheap and nasty, and available on entry level Ibanez.
Both guitars posted, the RGA42TFMZ and the RG350DXZ, have the same trem: the edge zero ii, regardless of what thomann says. The edge zero ii is the cheapy end of the zeros, hence why prestige models use the normal edge zero. The zero ii is the new edge iii, if you get what I'm saying.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by KDC
no way to test it
I would get it online so i'm asking for feedbacks however i can wait a bit to see how the tremolo is rated
I wouldnt spend more of 500 eur imo a guitar cant cost thousands as the jems,it just not fair, they're not made of gold ( i like also the malmsteen strat but hey 2000+ eur,impossible for me ) and remember i would not make a professional use of it,i just wanna a good guitar,
would be the first for me.

Whats your nearest city?

Are you WILLING to go USED?
Quote by Carter_84
If you're brave enough to go used, would you consider something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-RG570-NEW-/290573275879?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item43a78452e7#ht_500wt_1156

Ask the seller if they'll ship to Italy. Comes with either a edge lo-pro or original edge trem, dependant on year (don't think the year is on the listing).

Please don't confuse edge, edge pro or edge lo-pro trem with the useless edge 3. The former are considered amongst the finest locking trems, where the edge 3 was cheap and nasty, and available on entry level Ibanez.

unbelievable how ibanez is conusing customers with weird names/versioning it is a jungle without a good documentation.
However despite the fact they state on their site that grgs are the entry level guitars i suppose also rgs like the rg350 are cheap

going used could cause other problems,so i think to go new
however even if u try it in a store how could decide in few mins?i would need time...
The good news is i dont need it now,so can wait and collect feedback/opinions
Last edited by KDC at Jun 6, 2011,
For that budget you could probably get an ibanez S series guitar. They have mahogany bodies as opposed to the basswood in the RG's(personal choice here). Plus it has a more durable trem unit. The ZR uses ball bearings so there is no issue of dull knife edges(like on the edge III's). The Edge zero II that issue has yet to be seen since.. nobody has yet had any long enough to see it
But the edge zero II and the ZR are some convenient trem systems cuz they are a bit idiot proof than OFRs and LFRs, much harder to lose the small parts in it Very stable with the ZPS. Stayed in tune after complete vai-ness.
When it comes down to it its just the body shape and comfort thats the issue, same pickups on both... Go play both and then some
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )

Here's my advice... go try them out. All of these questions and answers are really just academic until you get your mitts grubby and try some out.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 6, 2011,
Quote by KDC
50 km to find retailers that sells also ibanez but wasnt able to find good info on gt they have cause of their poor info sites.

Just answer the question lol. What's your nearest major city there?

I'll check your craigslist if theres any good deals there.