Last month I became the lead guitarist of a metalband. The band has planned some gigs in oktober and I need to buy some new gear. Since I'm currently playing through a roland cube 30x I am in search for something louder. My guitar is an Ibanez MTM2 with the stock pickups (v7 and v8 high output passive humbuckers). I have to compete with a rhythm guitarist who has an Engl Fireball and plays an ESP guitar with EMG 81/85. We play thrashmetal and my leads are kinda neoclassical.

I'm looking for an amp around 700 euro ($1000) that has at least two channels, enough power to get in synch with the ENGL and has enough crunch to play thrash metal. I am willing to buy a used amp, so second handed prize suggestions are welcome
used Mesa Boogie MkIII?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Bidley
Peavey 6505.

Last time I tried a 6505 next to a Fireball... the Fireball just cut right through the 6505 like a hot knife through butter.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
i suspect engl is going to be more of a value where the TS is than a mesa. not that a mesa wouldn't work fine but they are pretty rare and dear over there. supply and demand etc.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.