So, as the title says, I'm travelling for a month in Europe this summer with a friend of mine. We have bought an interrail pass starting at the start of August and finishing near the end of September. I have a few questions and am hoping someone here may be able to offer some help .

I'm planning to stay in youth hostels, but I'm not sure about one thing: How far in advanced should I book/reserve train seats and youth hostel places? And, regarding trains, are there any good ways to save money, because some of the reservations can cost a good £50 which is mental.

And, on a more fun note, anyone got any recommendations where to go? At the moment we're planning a kind of giant loop, down through France, Spain, Portugal, then back across and towards Austria and Germany, before going for a day or two into Scandinavia, then back to the UK through Holland and Belgium.
Denmark. The girls are fuc king amazing, so much better than the rest of Europe
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Well if you've got an Interrail, shouldn't that cover trains?

I'd try and call the hostels now, see what they say. Some places will fill up really quick.

As for reserving trains, don't think you'll need to, tbh. In Switzerland at least, there are several a day on most lines.

And yeah, check out Switzerland - Lac Léman is ****ing gorgeous.
inb4 LOLOL GO TO TEH AMSTERDAMZ AND GET SO HIGH HERPDERP.

But seriously, I would go check out some castles.

Also, it is required that you visit the LHC. In Switzerland.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I am so jealous. I've always wanted to do this, but all my friends want to do is go to Magaluf...
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Some useful tips here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446539

If you're going to gothenburg in Sweden let me know as I live there. I can kidnap you and hold you for ransom show you around the city
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by gabcd86
Well if you've got an Interrail, shouldn't that cover trains?

It covers the price of the journey, but some train companies (particular the overnight and high-speed trains) charge you a stupid amount just for reserving a seat, and on a lot of trains reservation is compulsory. So far I've been trying to get my head round some of the websites where I'm supposed to reserve my ticket and I don't understand any of what's going on, so I think I will try some of the phone operated services .

Quote by greenelephants
Can I just ask, how much is it roughly costing you altogether? This is something I really want to do in the next few years.

The train ticket cost me roughly £350 for a month in 30 countries, but there are considerably cheaper alternatives starting at around £150. Apart from that, I'm estimating to spend around £600 on food, hostels etc. Basically, I'm funding the trip with money my grandparents have given me for my 18th birthday.

Quote by Kensai
Some useful tips here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446539

If you're going to gothenburg in Sweden let me know as I live there. I can kidnap you and hold you for ransom show you around the city

Thanks for the link and offer, I'll let you know once we get a more concrete idea of what our route will look like