Page 1 of 2
So my band just got signed and we're working out the details with the UK based record label Rocksector records. Only a small label but pretty cool none the less.

We recorded an album before we got signed and we've put it up for free on our facebook site if anyone wants to listen to it =D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Violent-Karma/110939678954898

or if you want to see our videos then go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Znu852-3qA

Nothing has been officially announced yet so most of our fans and friends don't even know, but I wanted UG to share in this awesome day.
How exactly does the "working out the details" part work? I've always been interested.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Congrats

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Wow, congratulations, may you get the privilege of playing music as a carrer
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Congrats man! Good luck in the future, many successes.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Congrats, man.
Even if it is a small label, you've already gotten further than most of us ever will.

Hmpf...

Speak for yourself, good sir!
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
haha, thanks blackflag!

as for the working out the details thing I suppose it probably varies between different labels, but we seem to have a good relationship between the guy representing the label and the band members, soto boil it down to a very simple level, we have been getting together and talking about what they want from us, touring commitments, album commitments, if there is anything they don't like and then we sort of haggle and say well thats cool, or no we won't agree to that much touring because of these commitments, and then we say right we would like to keep this much of what we make, or we expect you to give us these sorts of contacts.

It's pretty much just working out what we each want from a new business partner. For us, it's looking like we're going to continue self managing, with them giving us money towards the things that we want to do in terms of promotion and stuff. For example, we can't afford to get lots of tshirts printed off, and they are happy to give us money towards getting merch printed. They also have contacts that make it cheaper.
Nice one, lad.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
well done!! you sound a bit like iron saviour
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I am very jealous of you right now. Not only do you have a band, but you just got signed. That's everything I want right there.
Good luck.

Do yrself a favour - read this before you rush into anything. Since you have a small label it should be OK, but still. Don't take any big cash advances or the like. I know bands who have and who got raped by their label.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Congratulations! You sound great. How long have you guys been around?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Congrats! I (who have never been signed or in a band that have gigged) would offer two pieces of advice:
1. Dont forget the little people.
2. Not everyone trying to make you a Rock Star is trying to help you. Remember that.
We've been around for about a year. We got lucky in that we've done some good gigs at the right time and with the right people there and we got put in touch with someone from rocksector. We're taking it easy since our drummer has been signed before and we know that it doesn't always mean good things. We're being careful about it all and hopefully it will just be something we can work at over the next few years and maybe at some stage live off for a while.
you got signed, and then went and put your album up for free on facebook?!

oh you're so sued.

Jk, Congrats on your new business deal.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
The album on facebook is a pre label edition. There are some different arrangements that we'd like to try out after everything is confirmed. A few of the songs might be tweaked a little. When you get the deal you get a lot of very experienced input about the songs, people suggesting tweaks to make the songs better. Some work some don't but all are going to be tried out I think.

Thanks for the support guys. I'm glad to hear that some of you like the stuff.
Butch Vig is out of the question-he wants 100 g's and three points,

Points? There's a point system?

And congrats to TS
Quote by Calibos
Points? There's a point system?

And congrats to TS

Percentage points. That's the way most musicians/actors get fucked over in contracts.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by blackflag49
I actually liked you guys before you became watered down mainstream sellouts.

I agree. You guys are giving into the system and into capitalism, you won't be making any money off of your music since the corporate fat cats will rape the cash out of you. You shouldn't have signed.

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'm glad people like the music, it's been a lot of fun to make. All we want from a deal really is to give us some exposure so we can gig more and to bigger audiences, and to not die financially doing so.

I'll be keeping UG up to date on tours if we ever hit the US of course and we can come and play for you guys.
****ing jealous! I'm hoping the same happens to me soon....

Just listened to you guys though. Love your style. It's exactly what I want to hear on the radio.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Sell out.

Congratulations.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Congratulations. Now the hard work starts.

Make sure you have a lawyer read and explain EVERYTHING that gets given to you. Do not sign it if you do not understand it.

Be prepared for a lot of waiting. I signed a contract 2 years ago. I quit the band about 7 months ago, and they are only now just starting to record. We know a few bands on major labels who have waited even longer than that.

I'll chip in more as and when I can think of things.
Haven't heard any if your music yet, but congrats man!
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by ChucklesMginty

I love your vocalist, it's kind of like a cross between Lemmy and... I can't quite put my finger on it.

Sounds like Maynard from Tool too.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Nice one man, just listened to a few tracks and their pretty good (not my main style but still)

Some really nice chorus melodies etc and rock riffs. Reminded me abit of Sons of Merryk

best of luck for the future
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Congrats
Quote by shadow__666
Do yrself a favour - read this before you rush into anything.

But I mostly posted in here to say "lol, why a Belorussian translation? Seems random. "
Quote by shadow__666
Good luck.

Do yrself a favour - read this before you rush into anything. Since you have a small label it should be OK, but still. Don't take any big cash advances or the like. I know bands who have and who got raped by their label.

Quoted for truth. Read that.
Deliriumbassist's message is probably the most important thing here. Don't be cheap. Get a lawyer who understands the business. Signing onto a label won't do anything for you financially if you don't have your end of the deal secure. In some cases you might even end up in debt.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Why does it seem like getting signed to a label sucks?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Page 1 of 2