My singer and I run our band, and for the past three weeks we've been working hard on getting stuff together for it. In three weeks we've found a new bassist and drummer and taught them 6 songs in time for a show (this took place in a period of 7 days) recorded what we consider to be a rough draft of our demo (three songs, all just featuring the singer, guitarist, and I. Bass was done by me and drums were in EZ drummer but not everyone can tell. We're going to add real drums and another song soon), scheduled shows, built a website, and a number of other things. Last week we were both feeling a little fatigued, so we agreed to take two days off. Our next show is in 15 days. My question is, would we be killing ourselves if we took a couple more days off in that time period? And how much time off is too much?
Quote by JasperPryce
My singer and I run our band, and for the past three weeks we've been working hard on getting stuff together for it. In three weeks we've found a new bassist and drummer and taught them 6 songs in time for a show (this took place in a period of 7 days) recorded what we consider to be a rough draft of our demo (three songs, all just featuring the singer, guitarist, and I. Bass was done by me and drums were in EZ drummer but not everyone can tell. We're going to add real drums and another song soon), scheduled shows, built a website, and a number of other things. Last week we were both feeling a little fatigued, so we agreed to take two days off. Our next show is in 15 days. My question is, would we be killing ourselves if we took a couple more days off in that time period? And how much time off is too much?

Take as much time as you need. Trust me, I'm the vocalist and guitarist of Romantics and doing so much work that you feel you need to take time off has negative effects. It might make you lose interest in the band because you're becoming stressed or drained
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
one thing my band always does is a social event. we all go to a baseball game, hang out but dont play music. obviously stuff will come up, it will keep you focussed on the band but will be a huge 'teambuilding' event
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
We do that a lot too. We're all really good friends outside of the band so that happens a lot also.
Quote by JasperPryce
We do that a lot too. We're all really good friends outside of the band so that happens a lot also.

awesome well thats great. i mean you have to take days off, as the other guy said it will feel like a job (but that is what it is). just keep it fun. maybe have some really light days. just maybe have a schedule of practice. on these days we practice these, these days these other songs etc. on wednesday we are just going to keep it light and jam on stuff.

do what feels right, dont be stalin!
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
take as much time as you need. I would just suggest scheduling in 2 practices before the next show. But as long as the music is down and ya'll are tight, there's really no reason to be worrying about the band every single day. All go out to a bar together, just do something together that has nothing to do with the band and enjoy it.