I need a easy and fun way to learn fret board. i know 6 5 and 1 string . Just need to learn the rest.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
If you've learned those ones already, just work your way through the other strings from there anyway i never properly learnt the fretboard but that's just me
It depends on what you mean by learn the fretboard. If you mean the notes, then draw a neck map.
the next note is always followed by the same notes
example... #=Sharp, b= Flat
A string: A, A#/Bb, B, C, C#/Db, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab, A
and from there it repeats.
so you can take the E string and know it starts on E and just follow the progression until you're back at E, so on and so forth.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
Get the to know the Musical alphabet from front to back. Then just work 5 frets at a time until you have all they way up to the 12 fret memorized.

Once you get everything down, itll be easier down the road to create chords, scales, read music etc

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Start with the 5 and 7 fret of each string. 5 is the perfect fourth of the open string's key and 7 is its perfect fifth. Then you'll have a little more reference when recalling notes.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Quiz yourself over where each note is on the fretboard and which fret is what note. I do this when I am away from the guitar so I dont spend my practice time learning the notes of the fretboard. If you do this on a consistent basis it will help you learn all the notes on the fretboard!
If you take the notes on the E and A string and go 2 frets down and 2 frets over that's an octave. If you use that you can easily figure out all the notes on the D and G string. All that's left after that is B. For the B string you can do that from the D string and its 3 frets down 2 frets over and thats an octave
Play the C Major Scale "do-re-me-fa-so-la-ti-do... its that scale" the notes to it are C, D, E, F, G, A, and B. when you play them say it out loud, that will help you associate the tone with the note.

Once you can identify A,B,C,D,E,F,G on the fret board then finding all the b/#'s are super easy. Its just the space between the notes you already know, doesnt get much easier than that. It will help cut down on the amount you actually have to learn in one sitting which is a big plus in my book.
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
Last edited by TheMooseKnuckle at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by Natrtatr
If you take the notes on the E and A string and go 2 frets down and 2 frets over that's an octave. If you use that you can easily figure out all the notes on the D and G string. All that's left after that is B. For the B string you can do that from the D string and its 3 frets down 2 frets over and thats an octave

I agree, it's a little easier to think of it as the D string, is the same as the E.. just two frets to the right. Same with the G string is the same as the A, just two frets to the right.