Page 1 of 2
Lady gaga

The reason why she is so so famous is because she prides herself on being unique and doing different things than what other musicians are doing, take away her image, what is special about her?

You would think that her music would be something other than generic pop, seriously, if someone wanted an example of the most generic pop sounding song, you would give one of her songs without even thinking

Let just put Justin Bieber/Rebecca black into one category.

The music companies who own these people are very clever people, if they piss off people by making the worst videos/songs of all time then it would make the songs very famous, if we look on Youtube, you will see how many millions of views these have got (over a billion!) then its clearly working
People are aware of trolls, and the trolls have just been trolled themselves.

Groups like the Lonely island/Flight of the concords

They make music which is intentionally stupid or meaningless to be humorous, and it works! i like the lonely island and love FOTC, I haven't got a problem with how they do it , but they would get more attention and more famous than hard working bands who have tried for years and years

Last little moan.. Simon Cowell has been accused of fixing Britian's got talent so a young musician would get attention and apparently he has already been signed by Simon Cowell, where as this is not true, i can see why people are angry, imagine being beaten to the top by Ronan Parke.

Not too sure why i posted this.. just pissed I suppose
Bah, nothing wrong with Lady Gaga. She has some quality tunes.

You And I from her new album is aweeeesome. Feat Brian May and Mutt Lange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qel9YgtkZtY

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Nice blog. It's almost as if no one has thought of this before.

And I really wish people who like rock/metal music to get out of the mind frame that their music genres are the only ones that have talent. I mean some of these believers are more conceited than pop listeners.
one thing that i respect about lady gaga is that she understands rhythm and uses actual music in her songs, and doesnt just rely on pure effects.
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by boreamor
Nice blog. It's almost as if no one has thought of this before.

And I really wish people who like rock/metal music to get out of the mind frame that their music genres are the only ones that have talent. I mean some of these believers are more conceited than pop listeners.

wow wait? i didnt mention that at all, like even a little bit, i didnt even say pop was bad?! i just said that she makes out that shes different to absolutely everyone else..
Who are you trying to prove anything to? This topic has been done a bajillion times and just starts arguments. Seriously, why do you guys have to give such a giant stinky shit about this stuff?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
she makes out that shes different to absolutely everyone else..

She likes Iron Maiden and writes her own music.

As far as pop music goes she is.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
People are aware of trolls, and the trolls have just been trolled themselves.

I somehow doubt pop music is basing their distribution on trolls. Also, trolls have nothing to do with Friday or Baby and saying the trolls are trolled with that song is just a stupid way of putting that they promoted a terrible song by its quality of being terrible.
Whoever writes Gaga's music is quite talented.

Just because music doesn't have guitars in it, doesn't mean it's bad.
tbh, I think quite the opposite, look at groups like Crystal Castles, probably some of the more innovative music going around these days.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Lady Gaga's songs aren't unique at all, she is basically just a modern version of Madonna. Her songs are shite and I find it funny how a lot of people on this shite will defend her on the principle that she is unique, even though here sings are just generic pop songs. There's so much better pop music out there.
I honestly don't think Bieber is meant to be a troll. Sure, his music sucks, but I think he's the "real deal".

Rebecca Black is so a troll.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Gee, lemme guess TS... the music you listen to is the only good music? Never heard that before
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Thank you for saying what anyone with a brain should know already.

Unfortunately any true fans of Gaga don't have any.
I like some of Gaga's stuff, but she can be tiresome. She always bangs on about how creative and unique she is, yet every time I see her she's wearing a little black dress with ripped fishnets.
wow wait? i didnt mention that at all, like even a little bit, i didnt even say pop was bad?! i just said that she makes out that shes different to absolutely everyone else..

No, she makes music that she wants to make..
You have to understand that some bands/artists just make the music they want to make and it gets popular.
Of course, the likes of Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black, they are more manifestations to appeal to the musically unsophisticated children. Which are many. It's not their fault, it's just business.

There are lots of pop musicians with talent, just because it isn't to my personal taste, I shouldn't be so ignorant to catagorise it so bluntly.
Rock/Metal has it's talentless/simple musicians too.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
As always, people have a need to put down anything that is too popular. I don't listen to much pop but Lady Gaga writes some quality stuff with obvious influences from music I adore (Elton John, Queen, Springsteen...)
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by boreamor
So Lady Gaga? Yeah. She writes nearly all of it.

Hmm...

Sure, I bet she came up with all those 'discostick' metaphors herself.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle

She just did an interview on 60 Minutes last night that might be nice for you to watch. Do you think it's possible that her "act" is genuinely who she really is?

People said the same crap about Marilyn Manson. Yet the make-up, the glass eye, the lyrics, the whole "get-up" he portrays is genuinely who he is. Insane concept, I know! People passed him off as a braindead musician just trying to get popular with shock-value appearances and performances. Yet he gets interviewed and it's pretty obvious that he's one of the more intellectual musicians in the industry.

Same story, different person.
Last edited by RockInPeaceDime at Jun 6, 2011,
Quote by Duffman123
Lady Gaga's songs aren't unique at all, she is basically just a modern version of Madonna. Her songs are shite and I find it funny how a lot of people on this shite will defend her on the principle that she is unique, even though here sings are just generic pop songs. There's so much better pop music out there.

Don't forget Bjork, brah.
Quote by Nameless742
No, she makes music that she wants to make..
You have to understand that some bands/artists just make the music they want to make and it gets popular.
Of course, the likes of Justin Beiber and Rebecca Black, they are more manifestations to appeal to the musically unsophisticated children. Which are many. It's not their fault, it's just business.

There are lots of pop musicians with talent, just because it isn't to my personal taste, I shouldn't be so ignorant to catagorise it so bluntly.
Rock/Metal has it's talentless/simple musicians too.

IIRC, she wanted to be a rock musician. But she wasn't doing very well so the guy she was dating suggested she switch over to pop music. She wore flannel prior to wearing all the stuff she wears now, before she was called Lady Gaga.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jun 6, 2011,
This is why the internet sucks.... it makes people think they deserve to be listened to.
My God, it's full of stars!
TS in your last category you should have mentioned Dethklok, I can't imagine how many death metal bands were pissed off when they became popular and charted so high.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by Dreadnought
This is why the internet sucks.... it makes people think they deserve to be listened to.

The internet is great because it allows people have intelligent discussions on topics that are of interest to them.

return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Dreadnought

And they don't realize nobody cares what they have to say.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Demon Wolf
As always, people have a need to put down anything that is too popular. I don't listen to much pop but Lady Gaga writes some quality stuff with obvious influences from music I adore (Elton John, Queen, Springsteen...)

Gaga...Springsteen?

wat
Quote by Julz127
Hmm...

I sure didn't read Lady Gaga once in the writer column. Since you're being pedantic, go find out how many songs Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra wrote.
I also find it funny whenever someone on YouTube does a metal version of a Lady Gaga Song. All they basically do is play the chord progression of the song and add brutal distortion, and in the comments all you get is "Derp Durr that waz soo much better than that shitty Lady Gaga one, so brutual!"
Quote by Tarsplitter
Gaga...Springsteen?

wat

Yeah. Clarence "Big Man" Clemons even plays sax on two tracks on her new album. On this song for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okq8xHrIZ8I

The sax and the piano flourishes... Springsteen-style. Though the rest is ompf-ompf-ompf

Quote by Ichikurosaki
I don't know what it is, maybe it's the fact that these past 3 years I haven't listened to much but rock from our olden days, but I really enjoy the techno/electronic dance pop that is popular right now. Of course not all of it, but the creativity that goes into that stuff is really refreshing, especially compared to the crap that passes for rock nowadays. I feel like I'm actually getting to know my generation now, although all of that hip-hop mess is just nasty.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Pop music is meant to be a bit of fun. Gaga is fun.

And besides, it's not like anyone's forcing you to listen to her music, so I don't really get why you felt the need to rant.
what is special about her?

What's so special about you that allows you to bitch about another person and other people's taste in such a manner?

Exactly. Shut the **** up.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Julz127
Hmm...

Elvis Presley's G.I. Blues album, not one song even half written by him.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Page 1 of 2