Seems pretty straightforward to me, looks to have in/out clearly marked and the knob for attenuation should be self explanatory, just slap that sucker in between the amp and speakers and you are good to go.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
"..you need a series effects loop for this device, it does not go between amp and speaker.."

So just stick it in the effects loop. Turn up the amps volume, and use the volume knob on the attenuator to control how loud you want it.
That's not an attenuator... that's a volume potentiometer in a box.

DO NOT PUT IT BETWEEN YOUR AMP AND CAB.

You just got conned if you thought that was an attenuator.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Definitely do not put it between your amp and speakers. It can be worthless or useful depending on what you want to do. Buying it not knowing what it does means it's likely useless.

If you amp doesn't have a post loop volume control and you want to run a multifx into the fx return then you would put it between the multifx and the return to give you a volume control. If you do have a post loop volume control and the loop is too hot for your pedals then you could put it before pedals in the loop and run the master volume up to compensate.

Also if the volumes control are too touchy when trying to run a low volume you can use it in the loop to help tame some of that.
oops, my bad, they shouldn't call it an attenuator if it is in fact something different.

Product Features

ATTENUATOR FOR FENDER HOT ROD/BLUES DELUXE/DEVILLE
Help tame that touchy volume control
Expands the range of usable volume
Helps dial in your amp at "bedroom" volumes

Quote by CodChick

y i got it is cause my deville is stupidly loud at like 1 or 3. ITs retarded and i dont know why anyone would want it. So i bought this hopeing it would fix it. Just wanna know where to put it? may be a step by step im not amp friendly.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by ecvMatt
oops, my bad, they shouldn't call it an attenuator if it is in fact something different.

Its called a con.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
well put the volume at .5 then.

it's like a buffet. all you can doesn't mean you gotta eat all of it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
plug it into the amps effects loop. if your amp is like my hot rod deluxe it will be

preamp out --> in on the box ---> out on the box --> poweramp in
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ecvMatt
No it's an attenuator. Because attenuator is a generic term that has nothing to do with amps in particular. Just not an attenuator that does what you think it would do.
^ +1

however...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by fly135
No it's an attenuator. Because attenuator is a generic term that has nothing to do with amps in particular. Just not an attenuator that does what you think it would do.

Yes, connotative vs. denotative definitions! Yay for high school English(though, it's been 20 years!)
Quote by CodChick