Page 1 of 2
I would like all of the European UGers who cite Fox News Channel as evidence of America's backwardness (you know who you are ) to read this article:

http://www.politicususa.com/en/jon-stewart-fox-ratings

The truth is that:
1. A basic cable comedy show outdraws the entire FNC in this country.
2. FNC is kept alive by a wackjob minority, half of which is likely to die in the next decade or so.

That said, you're welcome devote the rest of this thread to discussing how awesome Jon Stewart is and how much of a joke the FNC is.
Death to Ovation haters!
Last edited by PatchworkMan at Jun 6, 2011,

Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I'm not in Europe. Does that mean I can still take the piss out of you guys?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
meh, I think they're both on the same level of stupidity; at least Jon Stewart is entertaining and funny.
sunbather is shit
Nothing funnier than hearing Beck describe the Fox News tea party thing as a "wave of the future," *cue pan over a sea of geriatrics in fanny packs*
Quote by PatchworkMan
That said, you're welcome devote the rest of this thread to discussing how awesome Jon Stewart is and how much of a joke the FNC is.

I don't think very highly of Mr. Stewart, but being from 'the states' this doesn't surprise me in the least.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I like Jon Stewart. I am British.
That is my discussion.

Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Masamune
Wait so he gets more viewers than ALL of FNC but in the article it says that O'Reilly gets more viewers than Jon?
Did I misread something?

I read that too
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Masamune
Wait so he gets more viewers than ALL of FNC but in the article it says that O'Reilly gets more viewers than Jon?
Did I misread something?

Yeah the thread title and article title are confusing.

He beats the average of FNC's daytime/primetime lineup. So, some shows must be balls and getting under like 1 million.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I like Jon Stewart. I am British.
That is my discussion.

Is that you, Jon Oliver?
The article was worded badly. At first, I thought it meant that The Daily Show brought in more viewers in it's half hour time slot than all of Fox's broadcasts in a single day.

However, the article REALLY said is that The Daily show has more viewers than all of Fox's shows other than Bill O'Riley.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by RHCP94
Yeah the thread title and article title are confusing.

He beats the average of FNC's daytime/primetime lineup. So, some shows must be balls and getting under like 1 million.

Yeah, absurdly sensationalist headline + not really reading the article = this thread going to hell FAST. OP, did you actually read the article, or just parrot the headline? If you did read it, please get your reading comprehension checked out.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by wyldething
Yeah, absurdly sensationalist headline + not really reading the article = this thread going to hell FAST. OP, did you actually read the article, or just parrot the headline? If you did read it, please get your reading comprehension checked out.

It had Fox News in the title, it was doomed to begin with.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
patchworks point that hardly anyone watches it stands though. the average age of a fox news viewer is 65 according to a reference in there. lolllllll

sure there are tons of old people. but they'll die soon.
#DTWD
Ratings are pretty inaccurate anyway. Considering there are only 25000 boxes recording what people are watching.

I know they try and cover demographics but I don't trust it myself.
I think I prefer Colbert too. I honestly don't know a single person that takes Faux News seriously, sooo...As stupid as some people are, even most of them see through the bias and idiocy of the Fox News Network.
the only people that take Fox News serious are comedy shows that want to make fun of them.
John Stewarts gotten kinda lame now, enough with the jew jokes already

plus Colbert Report is way better
What's funniest about Colbert is the amount of people who think he's not acting.
Well, according to Bill O'riley all of Jon Stewart's viewers are just "stoned slackers" anyways, and what they are watching really doesn't matter, and neither does their opinion.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I like Colbert better.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Colbert's better.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Quote by blackflag49
Nothing funnier than hearing Beck describe the Fox News tea party thing as a "wave of the future," *cue pan over a sea of geriatrics in fanny packs*

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Meh, where Stewart gets it right is that he doesn't have the whole pretense of being fair & balanced. Viewers, whether detractors or sycophants, heap that on his own head.
Call me: Will

Gear that I'm using most, in their respective colors:
Squier MIJ '62 Strat reissue
Orville '62 SG reissue
1972 Fender Musicmaster Bass Amp with various kinds of pedals.

My band, Cusche!
Quote by Greenie_777
Ratings are pretty inaccurate anyway. Considering there are only 25000 boxes recording what people are watching.

I know they try and cover demographics but I don't trust it myself.

lol someone doesnt understand statistics.
Quote by Masamune
Did I misread something?

Averages. It wouldn't really be fair to put a half-hour show thats on at 11:00 PM against daytime and prime time news broadcasts without it.

But yeah, Fox just needs to give up. They have already nailed their own coffin closed with all this painfully obvious one-sided reporting.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded

But yeah, Fox just needs to give up. They have already nailed their own coffin closed with all this painfully obvious one-sided reporting.

Nah man, that's the charm.

As long as some talking head's are getting red-faced and exasperated, we in the United States won't feel guilty about the lack of a real and pliable passion for changing some perceived slight in our governance.

Sure people talk about retreat & reload, and putting crosshairs on a map, but at the end of the day these people crying for blood to run in the streets of D.C will never man the barricades. They're too happy to be on the grid and shop at the supermarket, go to Yahoo!, pay for their lights and cable and running water, and to be realistic, we all are.

Simply put, we don't understand the implications and niceties of armed revolution and insurrection (remember last time that happened? and the Rebs were actually half-assed organized...) so we use punditry and high-handed rhetoric to feel better about our inaction through revolt, riot, and other subtle methods
Call me: Will

Gear that I'm using most, in their respective colors:
Squier MIJ '62 Strat reissue
Orville '62 SG reissue
1972 Fender Musicmaster Bass Amp with various kinds of pedals.

My band, Cusche!
Quote by anvil is god
Colbert is a better actor, as he pulls off a satire of fox while being more sane then them.

Jon Stewart doesn't need to act. That's the whole point of their duality. He's the "real" person verbally highlight all the bullshit that goes on while Colbert acts to embody and display the same bullshit.

The most insidious aspect of Fox News is that they will literally edit a footage so that the content of what someone says gets completely "reworked" and takes on a whole new meaning. I don't like comparing things to 1984, but I honestly can't think of anything else that does exactly what the Ministry of Truth does.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Moggan13
Down With Big Media!

Viacom, who owns most cable channels, isn't Big Media?

Quote by Xiaoxi
The most insidious aspect of Fox News is that they will literally edit a footage so that the content of what someone says gets completely "reworked" and takes on a whole new meaning. I don't like comparing things to 1984, but I honestly can't think of anything else that does exactly what the Ministry of Truth does.

To be fair, I've seen that on MSNBC and CNN. It happens regardless of which direction the bias is going.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 6, 2011,
I used to watch fox news in the morning and I always left the house feeling dumber than before.
Its biased news spinkled in with 30 minutes of stuff that's not important and stories about how cute something is.
The daily show is very amusing he keeps it a comedy show, but he puts the news on there and actually doesn't look insane while doing it.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I was born a Republican...

... Then the Bush Years came... And FAUX NEWS raped my eyes.

For eight years.

EIGHT YEARS, I WAS HELD CAPTIVE BY MY PARENTS, WATCHING THAT SHIT...

I believe I have PTSD, I get flashbacks of staying up till 2 in the to watch Iraq get bombed...

*shivers*
ITT: Liberals bash conservative news sources and conservative radio/TV personalities, while European UG'ers just throw in their likes or dislikes.

OT: TS, you should learn to use unbiased sources.

Quote by doomded
Point out a news station, online source, etc. that doesn't have one-sided reporting. Cuz it seems to me, as an American, all American news sources are basically one-sided or biased.
You can pick on CNN, MSNBC, Fox. Every station has a bias. Don't act like Fox is the only one. All are equally guilty of biased reporting.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 6, 2011,
Honestly, Fox News didn't used to be all that bad. It went downhill around 2008 when Obama ran for president. That was the year America died, not because Obama got elected but because of how polarizing his presence has been.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Page 1 of 2