I currently own a BOSS GT6 That's seen about 3-4 years of consistent use. A problem has cropped up in the recent months and I could not find ANYTHING on this. Simply put, settings are changing on their own. Mainly the OD's and Speaker cab emulations. It'll sort of decide to "focus" on one setting like, let's say, the newest problem is everytime I turn on my OD's it automatically sets it to external. If I change the OD back, it sets it back to external even if the patch originally had something else in place. This has really limited and quite frankly, crippled the use of this thing and I wanted to know if this can be fixed? If this means the board is dead? What can I do?
Quote by Themadisraeli
I currently own a BOSS GT6 That's seen about 3-4 years of consistent use. A problem has cropped up in the recent months and I could not find ANYTHING on this. Simply put, settings are changing on their own. Mainly the OD's and Speaker cab emulations. It'll sort of decide to "focus" on one setting like, let's say, the newest problem is everytime I turn on my OD's it automatically sets it to external. If I change the OD back, it sets it back to external even if the patch originally had something else in place. This has really limited and quite frankly, crippled the use of this thing and I wanted to know if this can be fixed? If this means the board is dead? What can I do?

Try a full factory reset to see if it solves the problem.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Try a full factory reset to see if it solves the problem.
Factory reset won't even change the settings, it only deletes your custom patches (at least on the GT-10). Not sure if will work, but you can try.
Yeah I did that a couple of weeks ago and it didn't change a thing.

Odd note that I forgot to mention. I temporarily alleviate the problem by stomping in the patch pedals really hard, any of them. This is odd considering I've never abused this thing in anyway before. Does this mean that maybe all 4 patch pedals have to be re-wired? o_0
Last edited by Themadisraeli at Jun 6, 2011,
Quote by Themadisraeli
Yeah I did that a couple of weeks ago and it didn't change a thing.

Odd note that I forgot to mention. I temporarily alleviate the problem by stomping in the patch pedals really hard, any of them. This is odd considering I've never abused this thing in anyway before. Does this mean that maybe all 4 patch pedals have to be re-wired? o_0

Nah, probably means you've shocked the mechanism bad enough that it will stay put for a while. Is it still under warranty?

What was the last significant thing you did before this problem popped up?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Nothing. It's been sitting in my room not moved once since the last band which I was in 2 years ago. I was in another band recently but these malfunctionings were happening before I ever moved the thing.
Quote by Themadisraeli
Nothing. It's been sitting in my room not moved once since the last band which I was in 2 years ago. I was in another band recently but these malfunctionings were happening before I ever moved the thing.

Could be dust buildup? is it dusty?

Have you tried bringing it back to the dealer? Though I think it might cost you more to repair than to buy a whole new one.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
I'll try giving it a good cleaning to see if that changes anything but from the VERY little info I can find, this seems to indicate that it's a problem ONLY Roland can fix and therefore I'm going to have to ship it off.
Then forget about cleaning and just ship out.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )