Should I trade my Fender Telecaster Special Edition Blackout HH for a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus Cherry Sunburst? I play hardcore/metalcore drop B/drop A# stuff... I just want some help deciding. Thanks ahead of time
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
I wouldnt do it.

Your fender is probably the better guitar for what you play.

Though why you bought that guitar if thats the music you play.....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
There are serval varieties of that fender right? Some with 24 frets, some with fewer? If yours has only 21 you might consider the trade, but in my opinion stick with the telecaster, it came with seymour duncan pups right? The epiphone comes with stock pick-ups, (inferior tone most likely).
I bought it because it was only 200$, and it's got 22 frets, I was thinking to get the Epiphone and put some EMG's in it because it is a Mahogany body.
Quote by MrFlibble
It's not that it was cheap because new there 600-700$ so it's midrange... But it was a good deal...
Quote by MrFlibble
Put something like SDs in your tele.

Would work pretty well for what you want, the longer scale will help with down tuning too.

Also, Fender Blacktops are usually superior to Epis.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Put something like SDs in your tele.

Would work pretty well for what you want, the longer scale will help with down tuning too.

take everything I've told you on FB and add everything this man has said, Mikey, and this is a fair arguement and why you shouldn't trade your fender. haha
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i think the les paul would be closer to your tone, its heavier and chunkier. idk why u have a telecaster
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
i think the les paul would be closer to your tone, its heavier and chunkier. idk why u have a telecaster

please listen to Slipknot (I dont like them either) but Jim Root uses a Telecaster and Stratocaster for them. heavy enough for you?
John 5 has a signature tele.
i've seen quite a few metal players use teles
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
How about a RG 421 Made in Japan? I have a feeling that the MIJ part will have a LOT to do with the quality of it... and I could still trade.
Quote by MrFlibble
no....it is your baby....you shouldn't...
btw, iron maiden + yngwei malmsteen play metal with Fender....
Alrighty, telecaster it is
Quote by MrFlibble
Quote by Tom 1.0

1 - It's a Blackout Tele, not Blacktop

2 - Blackout Tele's are even more superior to Epis than Blacktops.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by randomhero93
please listen to Slipknot (I dont like them either) but Jim Root uses a Telecaster and Stratocaster for them. heavy enough for you?

Jim Root uses something thats more a Les Paul than a Tele. His Tele sig is made of mahogany rather than Alder or Ash, and has EMG's in it (which pretty much takes body wood out of the tone equation) and not passive single coils. Two different instruments with different sounds.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
that's what I want. A Mahogany body with EMG's... Roflmao.
Quote by MrFlibble
Quote by randomhero93

jim roots guitar has a very unique metal tone, and its a tele with EMG's. toss EMG's into anything and it will get you to metal territory, but the characteristics of the guitar (wood and all that) will shape the tone around the EMG's. John 5.....cant really comment. but i was just sayin the thicker heavier les paul body would help acheive darker tone, chunkier, and just all around heavier
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I'm going to update you guys on some offers I got.. I got a Schecter C-1+ offered and an Ibanez VTB700 (i think that's the model) I know it's a V with DiMarzio's and neck thru...
Quote by MrFlibble
I'm not going for a super duper metal shred guitar, I don't shred.. (I can but it's just not necessary for my style) and I got another offer of a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White with maybe some money on top. It's in another thread I posted, if I got it I might put an EMG 81 in it or a D Activator...
Quote by MrFlibble
You say you want EMG's so I would only worry about the feel of the neck and the action and set up.
what feels best???? with emg's what the guitar is made of doesnt matter as much so i heard. lower tunings seem to work best with longer scale lengths although i prefer the 24.75 no matter what tuning. Throw some EMG's in it see how you like it.It seems cool these days to play metal with non metal guitars
Follow your heart/soul and do not settle for anything less. Play them in your hand a bit, and don't rush it.