Such as Megadeth and Metallica? £200/$500 or less. I might be playing at gigs with it as well.

Don't you newbs read the stickies?

Noobs - if you want real 'What Amp' help please provide the following:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty

Don't you newbs read the stickies?

Noobs - if you want real 'What Amp' help please provide the following:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Are you blind or what? Jesus Christ, I have said the budget, I have said what genre, I have said where I'd be using it. Cardiff is my nearest city. Maybe you're a nob? Oops, I meant noob.
Quote by Dethros
Are you blind or what? Jesus Christ, I have said the budget, I have said what genre, I have said where I'd be using it. Cardiff is my nearest city. Maybe you're a nob? Oops, I meant noob.

Kitty is right, don't be such a d!ck.

As mentioned, you have to follow the rules if you want to create a "What amp?" thread.
If you read them carefully enough, you'll notice that the requirements are much more detailed than the ones you provided.

*Reported*
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
He/she didn't say that you didn't, he/she was just putting everything that you should give us.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Get used to it Dethros. A lot of people want you to use really strict ways of saying the same thing over and over because of some protocol that they like. You know, I haven't read this 'sticky' ragingkitty is talking about, (although that intrigues me, I will read it after this post) but all I needed to do was read the title of this thread and I thought: "Oh, he wants to play stuff like Megadeth?" and my immediate answer would be to get yourself a Peavey 5150 or similar amp by them. It has a nice thrash metal sound. Peavey has may amps I have seen for well within your price range. I would recommend going to a music shop near you and trying a few things for yourself. I would recommend going there and trying it yourself over internet buys anyday. My Pod Studio GX has a programmed amp based of of the 5150, and I can play the opening part of Tornado of Souls so it sounds almost exactly the same.

You know, for future reference you really should read the guidelines for this board and do your best to adhere to these protocols, but that doesn't change the fact that some people just need to calm down and think for themselves. At least I had enough information to tell you this.

Another thing: I have noticed that Marshall also has a wide variety of amps for 'thrashy' tunes. Actually, come to think of it there is a chance I screwed up and the 5150 is actually a Marshall amp, but something tells me I was right the first time. Just try things out and decide for yourself what you like more.
Last edited by JimDawson at Jun 6, 2011,
Quote by Dethros

but y u mad?

This is you 3rd thread on the same subject. Why?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Old-school thrash made me instantly think of a JCM800 2203. Might want to get a tubescreamer to go.

New thrash, well thats a different thing.

For the budget, you could get a Bugera. 6262 or 333xl to your likings. I know its Bugera, but I only have good experiences from them. Their worth a shot.
Quote by Adam124
but y u mad?

This is you 3rd thread on the same subject. Why?

Who said I was mad?
Quote by Linkerman
Kitty is right, don't be such a d!ck.

As mentioned, you have to follow the rules if you want to create a "What amp?" thread.
If you read them carefully enough, you'll notice that the requirements are much more detailed than the ones you provided.

*Reported*

I don't really care about how I have to write something...

I don't care about the requirements, I don't want the replies to be limited.
Quote by Dethros
I don't really care about how I have to write something...

I don't care about the requirements, I don't want the replies to be limited.

Maintain the attitude you've currently got, and I'm guessing your replies will be extremely limited...