Hey guys,

Here's my cover of my favorite song by one of my favorite artists.

Try to watch it in the higher quality if you can, there's a little bit of phase cancellation when played back in mono.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFxn8VSG5oc

Tell me what you think!
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Dude, that was ace. The natural harmonics are clean and ring out really well, and in general your playing is very tight. And I really dig this song, never heard it before and it's ace. One criticism (and it is a small one) would be perhaps to position the mic differently or change the dynamics of your playing when mixing picking with percussion on the body of the acoustic - the really nice melodies get a bit dominated by the sudden volume of you striking the guitar. But it hardly ruins my opinion of it, great vid.
Quote by Gu1tar K1d
Dude, that was ace. The natural harmonics are clean and ring out really well, and in general your playing is very tight. And I really dig this song, never heard it before and it's ace. One criticism (and it is a small one) would be perhaps to position the mic differently or change the dynamics of your playing when mixing picking with percussion on the body of the acoustic - the really nice melodies get a bit dominated by the sudden volume of you striking the guitar. But it hardly ruins my opinion of it, great vid.

Thanks so much. Yeah, definitely look up Trace, he's an incredible player. Even though he complimented my version his is infinitely better than mine. And yeah, I think the percussion is a mic positioning thing. Because if I back them off and get a room mix it all fits together perfectly but close miking on the body makes the percussion sound dominant. Still working on that one!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
It's a very nice cover
Do you have sheets? I would like to try a cover it ^^
Quote by kishintai
It's a very nice cover
Do you have sheets? I would like to try a cover it ^^

Thank you! And as far as I know, my Transcription is the only one in existence. Do you have Guitar Pro? That's the format it's in.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Thank you! And as far as I know, my Transcription is the only one in existence. Do you have Guitar Pro? That's the format it's in.

Yups I have GP ^^
I'm glad you put this one up for others to hear!! Ha truly is a class piece of work... Gotta get myself guitar pro so I can learn it myself..
Beautiful. The finger rakes and harmonics definitely make the song. Never heard the original, but I imagine you did it justice based on the video. I loved the ending for some reason. I also tend to love anything that's played with a capo on 4 haha. Awesome stuff!
Quote by danbell
I'm glad you put this one up for others to hear!! Ha truly is a class piece of work... Gotta get myself guitar pro so I can learn it myself..

Thanks so much! And hey man, I learned it entirely by ear haha. Ain't that a bitch? I bet you could do it too though! It would be cheaper than the $50 to get GP haha.

Quote by jables23092
Beautiful. The finger rakes and harmonics definitely make the song. Never heard the original, but I imagine you did it justice based on the video. I loved the ending for some reason. I also tend to love anything that's played with a capo on 4 haha. Awesome stuff!

Yeah the finger rakes are all me, the original didn't have those but the harmonics obviously were there before haha. I wish I could SAY I did it justice, but I didn't. I would definitely look up the original if I were you, it's one of my favorites. And yeah, I remember I used to listen to that ending in my car and just zone out.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Omg this was beautiful. The thing that impressed me the most was the harmonics, such clean playing. excellent job man, keep it up! :]
Quote by PENGNASTY
Omg this was beautiful. The thing that impressed me the most was the harmonics, such clean playing. excellent job man, keep it up! :]

Thanks so much!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712