the obvious mesa, orange and blackstar cabs among a few others are there
but im wondering what are the cheapest ones out there?

i've recently found out about harley benton cabs which look pretty sick, anybody have any experience with the hb cabs?

just a quick forum for suggestionsssssssssss
Location?
Genre?
Price Range?

Look into Avatar or Whitebox.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Birmingham UK avatar and whitebox wouldn't really be ideal as from what i've saw they can be quite pricey and shipping would cost a BOMB
dont really need a genre for a cab? :') but if it helps you then metalcore
and cheap asssss, it's a tour cab so it can get bashed about a bit but obv i want it to sound good!
£300 or less, the cheaper the better!
2nd hand 212 Orange/Mesa cab.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
2nd hand 212 Orange/Mesa cab.

that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thinking purely of new products (used suggestions have clearly been fulfilled!)

You probably won't find a 4x12 for that price with V30s, however, this seems to be the best deal, even though it's a 2x12:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/framus_fr212_cb.htm

And with Harley Benton, providing you get one with decent speakers in it you shouldn't go too wrong. I use a Harley Benton 1x12 with Chinese V30 copies in it and it sounds terrible, but the construction is fairly solid, it's been all over the place and gigged for the past year near enough.
Too bad it sounds pretty bad (it's a good job I use a good amp...just a shame I have to use it through this! ) and it only a 1x12!
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Why does he need a kettle lead for a 4x12 cab?

I literally have no idea why I've always thought cabs do, yet whenever I've seen a cab it's never had one. Oops. Heh, thanks
Orange 2x12 is a good suggestion. Make sure its the CLOSED back version for metalcore though. The CB is uk built and slightly bigger then the chinese build Open Back not to mention closed back will be best for metalcore..
If you want a 4x12 you could probably pick up the marshall 1960av for under 300 EASY with the vintage 30s in it.

I wouldnt be looking at harley bentons at that price range personally you can do SO much better used.

Also what amp are you running through it?
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
Orange 2x12 is a good suggestion. Make sure its the CLOSED back version for metalcore though. The CB is uk built and slightly bigger then the chinese build Open Back not to mention closed back will be best for metalcore..
If you want a 4x12 you could probably pick up the marshall 1960av for under 300 EASY with the vintage 30s in it.

I wouldnt be looking at harley bentons at that price range personally you can do SO much better used.

Also what amp are you running through it?

+1
Go used, don't bother with the harley bentons.