Also play guitar, professionally or at home?

Also how many of you just play music for a living no day job

We all play guitar. This happens to be a guitar forum...
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I play guitar at home, i suppose i might be a decent rhythm guitarist. Havent really played publicly.

Im not a pro musician but have been paid for i suppose amateur gigs and am going to college to study music. Ill report back in a few years time.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I don't really play guitar, I own one and used to play quite a lot but I'm not really into it these days. Not that I play bass much more. I've never played a gig, just parties and stuff.
Quote by JagerSlushy

But he asked in the bass forum so let's assume the question is :

How many of you bassists also play guitar and can you play it well?
Quote by smb
I've never played a gig, just parties and stuff.

I consider a party a legit gig, maybe you're not getting paid for it but it ain't about the money, I would play a gig if there was no pay (eg. a party) unless I was touring or something then I probably wouldn't, gotta cover expenses.
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
I play Electric bass, Acoustic Guitar and Electric Guitar.

Not signed but I do write and record music.

Day job working on cars.
Quote by smb
Great thread you've got here

bahahaha

i cant play guitar...too many strings...i cant count how many strings a guitar has let alone play one! 4 is my limit i think. 4 strings and root notes. sometimes ill play with a pick to make it look more like im playing a guitar...but i know its a lie. god i wish i could play guitar! id have such a killer solo, just like herman li! but for now, ill stick to my main setlist which consists of AC/DC songs lets me work on my killer skills. i dont even know how people can play without guitars, how do you know what root notes to play?

anyways...this is dumb. just go to the next page of threads, i think theres a thread like this there...

stoopid and i hate you TS and i wish for you to never ask these questions again.

Also, I play "professionally" because I've been paid to play bass. yes i can live off of this, no i dont want to.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I also play guitar, in a couple of bad metalcore bands. I would say I'm a better than average rhythm player and a bad lead player.

I want, so badly, to be a professional musician. Until then, my CVs will continue to clog up Burger Kings/McDonalds everywhere.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I'm the guitar player in my band. I love playing acoustic, and electric is a great outlet for me, but bass is still where its at and one day i will get to actually play it in a band setting

...one day.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I "play" acoustic and electric guitar (among many other things O_O) yeah. But I prefer bass, ofcourse
I wouldn't say I play guitar anymore. I have an acoustic that's gathering dust in the corner, but I think its been almost 5 years or so since I've picked it up.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I do play the guitar, but that's for my own stuff. I play bass in a band for a living.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I played guitar in various bands for about 10 years. I still play guitar at home. I was a competent rhythm guitarist in a few alt/punk/ska bands.
I play basic acoustic guitar, chords and the like.

But I'm a bassist at heart.
I started out playing both guitar and bass but bass is my main instrument in my band work.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Play both. Been paid for playing both. Bass moreso however.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by askrere

Also how many of you just play music for a living no day job

These days that is extremely hard. None of the local professional musicians I know are able to do this. My bass teacher, who get calls out for gigs and recording all the time still has to do roofing once a week to keep his head above water.