Hey guys, I'm on a 500-600$ budget and i am focused on getting a good amp head for metal. I prefer tube because i will be playing gigs with this amp but if you have any other suggestions please tell me. I play bands similar to :Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage, As i lay dying, All That Remains, and August Burns Red.
Please tell me what my best option would be for my budget. It can be 50-120 watts, just as long as its tube, has a good metal tone, and will last me awhile. Thanks!

Some of the amps ive been looking at:
Krank Rev. Jr Pro 50
Peavey XXX
Peavey Valveking
Randall (maybe the Valve Dynamic 100w head)
(MAYBE Bugera but i dont know if i should trust those amps)

!!I would like to get a 5150/6505 head but i cant find a used one anywhere in my budget!!
You dont need tubes if you arent playing Robben Ford.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by GS LEAD 5
On a serious note, I really like the Kranks. Sound unique. Unless you can find a Recto of some sort?

Hmm.. ive heard some people love Kranks and some people hate them.. I wish i could try the Krank rev jr 50 out but i cant find it anywhere near me.
if you want a good tube amp you will need to raise your budget.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Go bugera out of all of them + metalcore and deathcore died a long time ago ( just a hint if you're trying to "make it" in the music scene)
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
stretching your budget would be better, but don't be so quick to dismiss the Bugera's. Yes, the first run of their amps was absolutely terrible, but they've since fixed nearly all the reliability issues, and they're now just as good as any other tube amp imo.
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by !-twisty-!
Go bugera out of all of them + metalcore and deathcore died a long time ago ( just a hint if you're trying to "make it" in the music scene)

Im not trying to "Make it" in the music scene. I could care less about whats popular and whats not...
the thing is if you want to be successful its damn near impossible if you play something that only 1/100000 of the population could even tolerate listening to. honestly a 6505 could do the trick, just expand the budget some more.
i mean i use mine for anything for metal to light rock, its what i use for my sound live and it does wonders.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Peavey XXX is an awesome amp. A 6505+ 112 combo goes for 600 last I checked, why not go for that.

Kranks are notoriously difficult to EQ, so if you try it out give it a bit of time before deciding you don't like it. I've heard some awesome tones from them but couldn't get them when I tried one briefly.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Idk im thinking of just saving up 400-500 more dollars for a mesa dual rectifier... what do u think?
If you can wait and save it'd be worth it IMO. The Dual Rec is an awesome amp and Mesas hold their value incredibly well, so if you do decide to go another tonal route you can get a good chunk of change back.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
So my two options are :
1. Save up around 1000$ for a used dual rectifier.
OR
2. save up 700-800$ for a used peavey 6505 and put the rest of the money towards a nice cab.

Or any other options suggested?
if you are willing to wait, i would save up for the mesa if thats what you want. i loved my 6505+, and the only other amp i would want(at the time) was a mesa road king, which i loved
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify