I want to buy a new Bridge pickup for my 7string guitar (Ibanez RG7321). why? well, because i think it sounds really muddy, has no sustain and is just plain crap. now some will tell me that i need a new amp (and i do, i am going to buy a new one) but it also sounded crap through a friends 6505, after half an hour of tweeking the settings. I didn't use this guitar a lot, but a friend and I have made some great songs (or so we think) and we use B standard for that, and it would be a great use for it.

I will be playing mostly progressive metal/djent with this thing, but i also want to be able to just chugg on my low string in breakdowns from time to time. I would like to be able to play decent cleans as well

max price i'm willing to pay for it: 100 euro's.

nearby big city's: Rotterdam, The hague, Utrecht. (Holland)

also, i prefer a passive pickup.

thanks in advance.

gear
-Richwood: stratocaster
-Ibanez: RG7321
-Fender: Fm 212R
-Line 6: Floorpod
-Epiphone: G-400
-Squier: P bass
-ESP: LTD MH-50NT
I have an Ibanez S7320 from '06 or '07, the stock PU's are pretty sweet, passive but with enough crunch way down there. I've been happy with them playing thrash, prog, death metal, etc... Unfotunately idk what the name or product #'s are; you might be able to find it on the Ibanez website.... maybe. Anyway good luck.
Dream Theater FTW!!

Gear:
Ibanez S7320 7-string
Tama Superstar 8 pc. drum set
For one hundred euros you'll be skipping out on the best pickups you can get for a 7. In fact, most will be over that.

However, I reccommend the dimarzio d sonic. I have one in my 7, and it works phenomenally for djent and prog metal.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
For one hundred euros you'll be skipping out on the best pickups you can get for a 7. In fact, most will be over that.

However, I reccommend the dimarzio d sonic. I have one in my 7, and it works phenomenally for djent and prog metal.

this; if you're gonna get dimarzios, look no further than the d sonic or crunchlab (which is just a variation of the d sonic)
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
D sonic and crunchlab like nutinpwnsgibson said would work fine. I do think EMGs would suit you best, as they are the least muddy pickups known to man and they sustain for days. I do see why you wouldn't want them though as you'd have to replace both pups and rewire the thing.

*edit*

I'm in rotterdam
WTLTL 2011
dimarzio crunch lab
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I've got the Xiphos 7 and its got Dimarzio D'Activator 7's in both the neck and the bridge. They're pretty sweet for what they sound.

I'm not sure they would match your body wood tho as mine is Mahogany where as you have a Basswood body. -shrug-
To be honest, a new amp is going to help you waaaaay more than pickups. And I find it very odd that you couldn't get it sounding good through a 6505. Maybe you just don't like the sound of that amp?

The d sonic suggestion is a great one, and I think it would really benefit you.....if you had a better amp. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
well, i do like the sound of a 6505, but the pickups are just really crappy, all my (ex) band mates said so, my guitar teacher said so, and i find it to be so :P and i am going to buy a new amp, probably a bugera 6260 or so, but i really need new pickups in this.

@markG yea i do like the EMG sound, but with those pickups i've gotta cut out a part of the body. the crunchlabs look nice tho...

gear
by the way, as one guy said, the crunchlabs are a variation on the D sonic, but what's the main difference? i'd like to know since the D sonic is cheaper

gear