New guitar day for me. I've wanted a gold top for about a year now and I finally got one this week. I'm a huge LP fan so I have a few to compare it to. This is a brand new 2011/2008 Standard.

First impressions:
-Looks fantastic, no fret buzz, electronics all work as they should. The binding is perfect and the rosewood fretboard is much nicer than my other 08.
-mmm the smell of nitro. My hands are going to be sticky for a month. And I don't mean that in a dirty way.
-It is important to note that the descriptions on the net are wrong for this model. The pickguard comes attached and they no longer have the dunlop straplocks.
-It also feels slightly lighter than my 2008 Standard Plus. If the weight of LPs was holding anyone back from getting one they have no excuse now.
-I'm super bias but I think it sounds great. I'm a big fan of the chambering. I play a lot without my amp and you can get a pretty big unplugged sound with it.

Hope you like the picks.
Attachments:
smGT1photo.jpg
smGT3photo.jpg
You have 3 Gibsons?

HNGD!
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Delicious, delicious goldtops.

More pics!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Very Sweeeet!
Gratz

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
The back is gorgeous! HNGD
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Looks gorgeous. Congrats. Really gassing for a Goldtop lately.

HNGD!

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
HNGD. she's a beaut. watch out, Gibsons get addictive. i have gone from zero to 6 in just over a year. lol.

i need me a goldtop now. GASSSSSSS
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's a good day when a Gibson Les Paul arrives at your door. I remember the day mine came. I just couldn't stop smiling, my face actually hurt. It was my first Gibson and my first advanced, high end guitar.

No matter what people say about them, they blow the shit out of all the other guitars I have played.

I've been after a gold top for a while I'm not too sure if I like it though, that's the only thing putting me off. I think it'll grow on me, but for the time being, I'll stick with my Honeyburst Faded.

HNGD!
Gorgeous. I wish my Gold Top had the covered p/u's. Much sexier. congrats.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
I've been pegging for a gold top lately and this just makes it worse lol
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]