Well i had a good post for this set up, but it got deleted due to a mistype accidently hitting a back button....

Ive hit a plateau in my guitar playing and I need some assistance please. I'd like to work on my soloing to include some EVH kinda licks here and there, but be able to play some better blues. help please?
That's a Bingo!!! Is that the way you say it? "Thats's a bingo?"

-Cols. Hans Landa AKA The Jew Hunter,
Inglourious Basterds
If you're into getting better at Blues, Start by learning some songs by your favorite blues artists. Spend some time studying the phrasing and the licks within the song, and re-apply them in your own style.

It's called the "Influences" section on your profile, my friend.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by Kraig82
Well i had a good post for this set up, but it got deleted due to a mistype accidently hitting a back button....

Ive hit a plateau in my guitar playing and I need some assistance please. I'd like to work on my soloing to include some EVH kinda licks here and there, but be able to play some better blues. help please?

Can you play any EVH solos?

Blues licks - what blues songs/solos do you know, have you learned?

Best,

Sean
I agree with both the above posts.

learn some blues solos and lietsn to more blues songs.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
I know the song isn't exactly blues, but Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam helped me when I first started wanting to play in that way. It's blues influenced and by learning the song and solo there are quiet a few licks which, in turn, influenced my solo style which I consider much more 'bluesey' than any other genre. But maybe that's just what I call blues...
Q: What's the difference between a Mexican standard tele and an American standard tele?

A: £600
Quote by Kraig82

I feel like the "plateau" thing is mostly mental. If you don't focus on it, and just continue to enjoy playing, it becomes a non-factor.

If you want some EVH licks, the simple answer there is to learn some..... then play and enjoy.....absorb.

play "better" blues? ...... listen to, learn, play and enjoy more blues.

regarding getting better in general:

Don't worry about it/focus on it too much, but instead, enjoy the process and allow yourself to get better over time.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jun 7, 2011,