I'm trying to give my friend suggestions on pedals to buy. He plays like really heavey metal and I dont, so I don't know what to tell him. All he has is a DS-1.
what other gear does he have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
J
Quote by Dave_Mc
what other gear does he have?

This
+ what budget
+ what do you consider really heavy metal
RAILhead TUA is probably the best in that price range.

I'm kinda getting tired of mine (wanna go back into lower gain stuff for a few months), if your interested, PM me.
a noise suppressor, a tuner and a tube screamer. everything else is extra if you have a good metal amp
I have a Line 6 Uber Metal and it does all that stuff perfectly for me. I run it through an all clean Kustom Mixer Amp and it gets dead on. I love it, It's all high gain though.

I play all that stuff though, does awesome. I love it.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
maxon distortion master
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Hardwire TL-2 is my suggestion...

But really, we need to know what amp he is playing though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i have avt 150 combo,for this amp what pedals do you suggest?which metal pedal and which overdrive pedal?does tubescreamer helps boosting the mids of this amp?it has just one tube
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Wisthekiller
METAL MUFF! METAL MUFF! METAL MUFF! METAL MUFF!

I'm a fan of the METAL MUFF! for metal sounds, personally.

Metal Muff is worse than stock MT-2 btw. Its based around one but in typical EHX fashion, theyve managed to make it worse.
Quote by bogg808
Metal Muff is worse than stock MT-2 btw. Its based around one but in typical EHX fashion, theyve managed to make it worse.

Woah hang on a second! Not quite sure about that mate! In my experience the metal muff sounds very very good though a good quality tube amps clean channel, but SHOCKING through a solid state. If you are playing through solid state forget the Metal Muff as it will be very fizzy.
Last edited by ragingben at Jun 7, 2011,
If you plug ANY distortion pedal through cheap SS it will sound bad...

Plugging any distortion pedal into a high quality amp and it will usually sound pretty good, though you can get FAR FAR better pedals for dirt than the MM....
Quote by bogg808
If you plug ANY distortion pedal through cheap SS it will sound bad...

Plugging any distortion pedal into a high quality amp and it will usually sound pretty good, though you can get FAR FAR better pedals for dirt than the MM....

Agreed on both points, but in the price range of $150 it is a pretty good option.

The Railhead effects TUA looks like a nice option actually, but then it is double the price of an Metal Muff, which IMO is a damn good pedal
Quote by bogg808
uh no,

Cheap gear almost always (and definately in this case) means low quality

We are talking about the same Metal Muff here yeah? The one with the (admitedly pretty useless) top boost?

Fair enough your not a fan of the pedal, but I wouldn't describe it as low quality. Certianly not a high quality pedal, but by no means low quality. And even if it is low quality at a component level, the output is defiently not of a low quality. Better than the MT-2 for damn sure anyhow...
Who said anything about a cheap guitar? It's a decent guitar. It's a shecter hell raiser
jeez this is like getting blood out of a stone. what's his current rig?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by james.hetfield
i have avt 150 combo,for this amp what pedals do you suggest?which metal pedal and which overdrive pedal?does tubescreamer helps boosting the mids of this amp?it has just one tube

no opinions?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
in my experience the avt didn't take boosts very well at all... you're pretty much on a hiding to nothing trying to fix it with pedals
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dr boogie diy pedal
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II