Peavey 6505 head
Peavey XXX head
Krank Rev. Jr Pro head (50 or 20 watt)
Bugera 6262 head
Bugera 333xl head

Best metal head (out of the selection above) for tones like Killswitch Engage/As I lay Dying/Arch Enemy/Parkway Drive?
Well as 3/4 of those bands use a boosted 6505, id say a 6505
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
For those bands, probably the 6505. XXX is also an awesome amp, bright for my tastes but great none the less. Kranks are very love/hate, I like them but you might hate them. I have no experience with those bugeras so i can't comment but I've heard good things.

They're all relatively comparable, it's up to you to decide which suites you best.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I would say 6505, or 6262, but I would suggest playing and listening to them all to see.
i nailed those tones using the Bugera 6262 (but a combo version) and a tubescreamer type pedal. If you wanna save a little cash i would go with it, maybe try the XXX though if you get the chance. pretty kick ass amp
whats your budget??

6505 will probs be best tbh tho
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
whats your budget??

6505 will probs be best tbh tho

I have 500$ saved up right now, but once i sell some of my other equipment i will have around 700$.
Look into the Krank Rev Jr Pro if you want the Doomsday Machine sound... I think the Krank Rev+ was used on that album.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.