I've known how to sweep for quite a while (probably a year and a half or a little less), but for the life of me, getting it clean at high speeds (read as: 180ish bpm 16th's+) is something I've never been able to accomplish. Any ideas? Don't say metronome, I already know that one.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Any ideas? Don't say metronome, I already know that one.

Practice?
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

I find that the lighter you fret the notes the easier it is (not so light that you cant hear the notes )

also can you sweep cleanly at something like 150bpm? if so than you'd have to get back to the metronome and be patient with it.
Quote by Livingtime
I find that the lighter you fret the notes the easier it is (not so light that you cant hear the notes )

also can you sweep cleanly at something like 150bpm? if so than you'd have to get back to the metronome and be patient with it.

that makes sense, but my guitar already has the action cranked literally as low as I can get it without massive fret buzz, and it's still pretty high.

On that note, I wonder if I have the money to get the thing set up.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Take it waaaay down slow and analyse your technique at a very, very slow speed. To play 16th notes at that speed, your technique pretty much has to be spotless. Minimize as much movement as possible. aaaaand Repeat.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Hey I'm not sure if invading on this thread but I wasn't sure if I made a new one that it would be seen at all. Can someone please tell me if I am playing cleanly enough?
Last edited by seth125 at Jun 8, 2011,