Does anyone know how to get a replacement key for a hardshell case? I seem to have lost mine and would like to sell the case and guitar and figured I'd get more if I had the keys at least. If it's not a big deal (at GC) I'll not worry about it, but if it is, having the keys would be awesome.

So any place sell replacement keys for case locks? Google got nothing.

Edit: It got unlocked, lock not damaged. Should I get a key or sell it without one?
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Jun 6, 2011,

that works pretty well

naw, just kidding.

i've never heard of that. you should take it to a shop. i'm sure it's not the first time this has happened.

or hey, just pick the lock. or look up the blueprint for it and find a way to pick it from there
been locked out of a case and got it open by popping the hinges off from the back with a clawhammer once actually :P

depends on the type of hinge though..
You can contact the manufacturer typically they can give you replacements.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
my lock died on my SG case and i just unscrewed the locking latch from the top opening part of the case.

i really dont' see a whole lot of point in locking a case. if somebody is going to steal your guitar, the will likely grab it in the case.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Most guitar cases use a universal key that music stores sell. The lock isn't there to keep people out, it's there to keep the latches from popping open.
Depending on the lock design, the tumblers can actually be unlocked with a screwdriver from a jewellery tool set.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Depending on the lock design, the tumblers can actually be unlocked with a screwdriver from a jewellery tool set.

Most of them can just be jimmied open with a pocketknife or even a small scissors. Like I said, they aren't made to keep anyone out.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
my lock died on my SG case and i just unscrewed the locking latch from the top opening part of the case.

i really dont' see a whole lot of point in locking a case. if somebody is going to steal your guitar, the will likely grab it in the case.

Great for keeping the young kids out ! Lol.
GUITARS:
PRS Custom 24 (Black Slate 10 top w/birds)
ESP E-II Horizon NT-III (RDB)
ESP Eclipse II - Snow White

AMPS:
Mesa Rectoverb combo
I'm guessing they are a lever lock type lock, with one lever. The key is probably real simple and a music store will probably get it opened.
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa