Page 1 of 2
Im using my guitar in drop d now, but I need songs to play in drop D.
I need heavy metal or hard rock songs, please
Well you might start playing some The Devil Wears Prada and Asking Alexandria, those have awesome somes easy to play and fun.
Dude the majority of modern rock/metal bands play in Drop D. You really need to expand your music if you haven't found at least 10 badass songs in Drop D.

Anyways, I suggest

Annihilator - King of the Kill
Tool - The Pot
Most tool songs are good but not all of them are fun or intense to play.

System of a down if you're into them

Like I said. Many modern bands.
Quote by zlaxguitar
Well you might start playing some The Devil Wears Prada and Asking Alexandria, those have awesome somes easy to play and fun.

Man, I said heavy metal.

Quote by Phazon
Dude the majority of modern rock/metal bands play in Drop D. You really need to expand your music if you haven't found at least 10 badass songs in Drop D. Anyways, I suggest Annihilator - King of the Kill Tool - The Pot Most tool songs are good but not all of them are fun or intense to play. System of a down if you're into them Like I said. Many modern bands.

Dude, I hear a lot of music, I have at least 3 TB of music. But, I only know pantera with Drop D.
I don't want to down a whole tone the guitar. And I want some groove metal, or thrash.
dopelope & butterfingers30, thanks.
I don't like a lot A7X but...
And I love Lamb Of God, I didn't remember they play in Drop D,

unchained-van halen

Thanks
You have 3 TB of music and you're into heavy metal and you need to ask for songs in drop D? xD
Quote by Phazon
You have 3 TB of music and you're into heavy metal and you need to ask for songs in drop D? xD

Im into every kind of music, man.
But most into melodic rock/hard rock/heavy metal.
And yes, cause a lot of band plays in whole tone down.
Can't suggest King of the Kill enough. It's fun as hell and good for the fingers.
Quote by randycrusy
dopelope & butterfingers30, thanks.
And I love Lamb Of God, I didn't remember they play in Drop D,

They've always played Drop D from what I can remember...
Tool-Lateralus, Right in Two, Sober
Coheed and Cambria: 2113 (if you're looking for melodic)
Pretty much any metal song written before the year 2000, and about half written after.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Devildriver
Some Opeth

And why did you tune to drop D if you dont know any songs to play in said tuning?
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Last edited by hr113 at Jun 7, 2011,
Majority of Lamb Of God songs.

check out their songs:

Redneck
11th Hour
Laid To Rest
Hourglass

Fun to play.
Soundgarden has some stuff in drop D. Spoonman and Blackhole Sun being the obvious ones, but they have some others I believe like Black Rain.

Wolfmother has several on both albums, such as Colossal and Joker and the Thief, but those are pretty easy and simple.
A hell of a lot of Avenged Sevenfold, All that Remains, Velvet Revolver blah blah blah.....
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by randycrusy

Dude, I hear a lot of music, I have at least 3 TB of music. But, I only know pantera with Drop D.
I don't want to down a whole tone the guitar. And I want some groove metal, or thrash.

If you have 3TB of music and you only know of Pantera using Drop D, you need to expand your musical interests. I have about 0.8 TB of music and I have lots of songs in Drop D. And like you I listen to everything from classical to rap to punk to neo-classical. Dream Theater uses Drop D on occasion, as does Metallica, Megadeth, Opeth, Iron Maiden, etc.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
If you have 3TB of music and you only know of Pantera using Drop D, you need to expand your musical interests. I have about 0.8 TB of music and I have lots of songs in Drop D.

Having lots of music does not have anything to do with knowing what tuning a band plays in.
Quote by ElConky
Having lots of music does not have anything to do with knowing what tuning a band plays in.

You can hear drop d the more you listen to it. So if you listen to lots of music you will hear what songs are in drop d.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Why stop at dropped D. Drop em all to d and top one to B and go play IRIS by GooGoo Dolls.
Cheers.
Lost Souls in Endless Time by Dragonforce

You've gotta try it, its like one of the hardest songs to play in Drop D
Quote by seeneyj
All that Remains

Wrong.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Demon of the fall. That song is fun to play.
Some Porcupine Tree songs are in Drop D as well.
You can try some Muse if you feel like (Stockholm syndrom, Small print are in Drop D)
Quote by brandon2784
Wrong.

No. Right. They use a number of tunings including Drop C, Drop Db, D standard and yes, Drop D.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Drop D makes your low E string 2 semitiones lower - but crucially you still have ALL THE SAME notes that you have in standard tuning.

Tuning to Drop D doesn't magically prevent you from playing anything that was originally played in standard, you only have to transpose the notes on the bottom string - everything else stays exactly the same.

Your tuning has no bearing on what you can play, it merely changes how you play it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
1. Go to the tabs section on this site
2. Set a filter for drop D tuning
3. Search through until you find songs you like or want to learn
4. ?????
5. Profit.
Quote by butterfingers30
Lamb of God

This 99% of lamb of gods songs are in drop d a few on wrath are in drop c.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by seeneyj
No. Right. They use a number of tunings including Drop C, Drop Db, D standard and yes, Drop D.

Not on any of the last 3 albums, after that I don't really care.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Lamb of God's Broken Hands is a relatively easy song in Drop D.
4arm makes shit easy songs in Drop D
Trivium's Ascendancy album was made entirely in Drop D.
METAL!
Page 1 of 2