Okay so I just got a dk2 today, and it keeps going horribly out of tune at least once every thirty seconds(not kidding). I'm guessing it's the tremolo that needs to be broken in, but I've been wailing on it since this afternoon and it hasn't got any better. Please tell me that the trem needs to be broken in, or else I am probably going to return the guitar while I still can.
Set the trem up properly. And "wailing on it" is not going to help tuning stability. Only high quality trems can stand lots of abuse and stay in tune.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Set the trem up properly. And "wailing on it" is not going to help tuning stability. Only high quality trems can stand lots of abuse and stay in tune.

Well I've been "wailing" on it to break in the springs but it hasn't worked at all. How do I set it up properly?
Did you stretch your strings?

I've never had this problem with mine, so I'm just guessing that may be the problem.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by WalrusNutFart
Well I've been "wailing" on it to break in the springs but it hasn't worked at all. How do I set it up properly?

Please put the guitar down, and don't pick it up until you have read through this thread a few times.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings