I just picked up some Condenser mics and am looking to start putting together a home/portable studio. My main question though concerns getting the mixer into the computer....

I am using a Behringer Europower PMP2000 at the moment and I was wondering what the best and most effective means there are to hooking it into a computer input? It's a desktop computer, if that helps.

Thanks,
Alex
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Any sort of direct-in box will work. Digidesign Mbox (must be used with protools), or M-Audio Fast Track, there are plenty of em out there.
Well how I do things at the moment is I have a mixer then I use a red and white rca to 1/4th cable and just plug that into the mic in on my computer. Not the most professional but it works for my needs and its a cheap and easy way of going about things... eventually you could upgrade to an interface but that's more expensive and if your on a budget not necessary
The best and most effective means would be to get an interface with as many inputs as you need and drop the mixer completely. You can get an 8 channel for $500ish and up.

If you HAVE to use your mixer, get at least a two channel interface and run the mixer into that. The problem there is that you either dont have any control over separate tracks in the mix, or you have to only record two tracks at a time. If you do the latter, you'll be better off skipping the mixer and going straight into the interface. A two channel interface will be $100 and up.

If you have questions about mixers/interfaces, read this thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284568

If you STILL have questions, get back to us and we can help you with specifics.
Quote by sandyman323
The best and most effective means would be to get an interface with as many inputs as you need and drop the mixer completely. You can get an 8 channel for $500ish and up.

If you HAVE to use your mixer, get at least a two channel interface and run the mixer into that. The problem there is that you either dont have any control over separate tracks in the mix, or you have to only record two tracks at a time. If you do the latter, you'll be better off skipping the mixer and going straight into the interface. A two channel interface will be $100 and up.

If you have questions about mixers/interfaces, read this thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284568

If you STILL have questions, get back to us and we can help you with specifics.

This is what I agree with as well.