I brought this guitar body from a guy without a neck, he had taken it off to use for parts or something. I want to find out what scale length it is for when I build a new neck for it. I have a Kramer neck on it at the moment which is 25.5'' scale and the 12th fret is exactly half way between the nut and the bridge so I was wondering if anyone knew what guitar it is or the scale length of it. He told me that it was an Ibanez body and that looks about right to me. Dose anyone know what model it is or anything? Oh and by the way the checker plate is stickers, it didn’t come like that.
It's definitely an Ibanez RG. There is a sig model that looks like that, I'll look it up.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-at
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 6, 2011,
He.. took apart a signature guitar?

Doesn't sound logical to me.

Also, if you look at the vintage trem, it doesn't match the looks of the trem on the signature Ibanez. I think its more like a start guitar from a brand like Vintage or something like that.

Also the horns seem more rounded than a typical Ibanez superstrat, and the image.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I don't think it's not the Ibanez... while not as pointy as the pic, it's still way too pointy to be a strat/strat copy.

The single coils have been replaced in TSs pic, so it's possible the bridge is also replaced - essentially someone took all of the good parts of the guitar, and put in (probably) mediocre parts.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I don't think it's not the Ibanez... while not as pointy as the pic, it's still way too pointy to be a strat/strat copy.

So you think its the Ibanez? Please avoid the double negatives... it gets really vague.

Quote by Offworld92
The single coils have been replaced in TSs pic, so it's possible the bridge is also replaced - essentially someone took all of the good parts of the guitar, and put in (probably) mediocre parts.

No doubt that is possible... but to take a sig guitar apart? Doesn't make sense. That said I'm not familiar with the AT series. However, to take this guitar apart?

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/productDetail/productDetail.jsp?entProductId=423434

I doubt so.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
So you think its the Ibanez? Please avoid the double negatives... it gets really vague.

No doubt that is possible... but to take a sig guitar apart? Doesn't make sense. That said I'm not familiar with the AT series. However, to take this guitar apart?

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/productDetail/productDetail.jsp?entProductId=423434

I doubt so.

It's too rounded to be an Ibanez RG series.

I'm thinking it's something along the lines of a Jackson Dinky or Kramer copy, hence the cheap bridge.

I didn't realize how much the AT cost. My theory sounds stupid now

TS: there wasn't anything written on the body at all, like in the neck pocket or under the pickguard?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

It's an Ibby the pick guards are very distinctive. It's most likely a GEO GX etc.

A standard neck just won't fit an aanj RG/Jem series neck joint.

EDIT:
Quote by Offworld92
I didn't realize how much the AT cost. My theory sounds stupid now

TS: there wasn't anything written on the body at all, like in the neck pocket or under the pickguard?

All the information on an Ibanez including model and serial numbers is back of the head stock.

No neck = no information.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Jun 7, 2011,
Looks very much like an old Ibanez RT, which is basically an RG with a 2 point Strat style trem. The saddles don't match what the RT had though.

If you take the neck off, you can tell if it is an Ibanez, it should have RT and the model number stamped inside the neck pocket.

Quote by Willowthewitch
All the information on an Ibanez including model and serial numbers is back of the head stock.

Nope, model numbers are stamped in the neck pocket.
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 7, 2011,

Thanks everyone. Here is a picture of the back and of the neck pocket. Note that the neck plate is home made so is not original. Also it is routed for HSH if that helps. It looks like Willowthewitch may be on the right track. Are Ibanez usually the same scale length? And if they are what scale are they?
Looks like an ibby to me too. So, what do i get a dose of now?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The RGs are usually 25.5... and that's about as helpful as I can be right now unless you have the exact model.

Quote by Cathbard

You get a dose of "I feel good about myself".

Congratz Cath
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 7, 2011,
Ok, its not an Ibanez RT. The neck joint is too far out and the edges of the body are too rounded for it to be an RT.
Quote by littlephil
Ok, its not an Ibanez RT. The neck joint is too far out and the edges of the body are too rounded for it to be an RT.

Maybe one of the Gio?

In any case, I just noticed, does the part of the neck that panes flat near the body seem a little too extended / long to anyone?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Maybe, but I've never seen a Gio with that same trem, they have a slightly different one.
Quote by littlephil
Maybe, but I've never seen a Gio with that same trem, they have a slightly different one.

Yeah you're right... it doesn't look like the trem's been replaced either.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by Cathbard

Is ''ibby'' just short for Ibanez?
Quote by ragingkitty
Maybe one of the Gio?

In any case, I just noticed, does the part of the neck that panes flat near the body seem a little too extended / long to anyone?

I have played the GIO at school and my guitar feels and seems better quality. The GIO at school feels like a toy. It might be an old guitar that is out of production maybe?

Quote by ragingkitty
Yeah you're right... it doesn't look like the trem's been replaced either.

Na dosn't look like the trem has been replaced. If it has it was with one that fit in already because there are no holes that have been filled or anything.
I just took the pickgaurd off and theres nothing in there that could help with finding what model it is. Is there anyway of finding the scale length with just the body?
It's an Ibanez, I almost bought one of those.

They're cool. But not as good as the Les Paul I got >
Quote by DisasterMatt
It's an Ibanez, I almost bought one of those.

They're cool. But not as good as the Les Paul I got >

Do you model Ibanez it is? Or what scale length it is?