I have a Peavey 6505+ 112. I am about to get a 4x12 extension cab for it, and a combo sitting on top of a cab is both awkward looking and probably not entirely safe (high center of gravity on the combo = liable to fall off). So I'm looking into converting it into a head. Should I just saw the amp section off of the cabinet (after removing the amp itself from the wood, of course) and retolex/corner the bottom?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If your looking for the quickest method that's definitely the way to go. Only other way I know how is to build a new headcase.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
the quickest way is just removing the chassis from the combo amp cab, and then building a new enclosure for the head. All it costs is the money for the wood for the new head and some spray pain to make it look good.

I'm pretty sure there are some professional services that do this, but I can't name any.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Why can't you just put the cab on top of the combo? That seems so obvious, I'm sure I've missed something.

Are the controls on the top of the combo?

Forgive me if I'm being a retard.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
^A 4x12 on top of a 1x12 combo? Seems equally as precarious as his original setup.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by robertito696
^A 4x12 on top of a 1x12 combo? Seems equally as precarious as his original setup.

Ah, so I was being a retard.

As for converting it, sorry. I don't have a lot of experience with modding amps.

LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.