Page 1 of 2
Hmm, planetary geologist vs. "armchair astronaut." Looks like a white blob to me, but of course that means it's an alien power station.
It's just a distorted blob.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Does this guy just scroll around Google Mars all day? I mean seriously, how did he find this?

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

Even in the event that it isn't some kind of space... anomaly thing that's played tricks on the satellite imaging, Google are notorious for putting easter eggs and practical jokes on Google Earth and stuff. Shrug.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I really doubt it's a space station but the shape of it doesn't seem like any kind of ray to me.
Quote by Twist of fate
"Biostation Alpha"

Nerd.

I don't know how cosmic rays interfere with cameras, but it's a bit hard to believe it would looks like that. Not to mention the vagueness of the "cosmic ray" explanation... so:

It's clearly a Chronosynclastic Infundibulum.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Jun 7, 2011,
More than likely a glitch in the satellite imaging. I've noticed that Google Mars runs rampant with glitches in imagery. I'm no "Armchair Astronaut" though, so I don't know.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
As interested as I am in this kinda stuff, I don't think there is any form on life on Mars capable of building a structure like that.

So, until further evidence comes into play, I'm sticking with the Cosmic rays explanation
--- You know I can't have your ghost chips ---
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Does this guy just scroll around Google Mars all day? I mean seriously, how did he find this?

he was looking around on Google Mars and just coincidentally happened to see it. It's not like he planned on searching the entire searching for buildings.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Last edited by ryan_nadon at Jun 7, 2011,
Reminds me of the crazies who thought there were trenches on mars a couple of years back. If NASA had found evidence of alien life they wouldn't be hiding it. They need the funding
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
I made a thread on this earlier today.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449039

But since no body likes to posts in my threads, I think it's another satellite caught in the picture.

Woops sorry, I guess I should use the search bar next time. I figured it's relatively new so it would be on one of the first few pages if someone already posted it.
How the **** did he find this shit? Was he scrolling the face of mars all the ****ing day?

I doubt it has something to do with civilizations though. More of a Google glitch or shit like that.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
The video has been removed the user. What a quack.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Armchair astronaut? Bio station alpha? Seems like some nerd just got bored and looked around google maps mars for a while then got all exited when he saw a blob vaguely resembling something.
Does he realise that everything from Google Maps to Google Mars comes out square?
It's an EDF base.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
i bet he's just been arrested for running around wearing nothing but a tinfoil hat.

Also, he just spotted a PIXEL. well done to him!
It's my winter house. I know it's big, but real estate is dirt cheap on Mars, and the locals work cheap.
Smile when you say that.
Quote by zgr0826
The video has been removed the user. What a quack.

This.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
(Invalid img)

He did not take it down. The government did. They're trying to cover it up. He's already been killed, and we're next. The truth is that it's where Elvis, JFK, Marilyn Monroe, Tupac, Bob Marley, Abraham Lincoln, Diana and the Dinosaurs live.
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
This has been posted on this forum like 3 times now...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by actaderock
WTF armchair astronaut? so am i an armchair astronaut when i look at my house in google earth?

Armchair astronaut because he's looking at Mars. Your house hardly counts as astronaut territory
Et Et Et
Elliot
Et Phone Home
Metalheads see through the corporate and political candy store bs proliferated by the media and powers that be, we want the truth, we want respect, and we pwn your face weaklings!! ROCK HARD RIDE FREE!!
Page 1 of 2