Hey, I've been playing guitar for about 6 years, the first couple were kind of slow and I need direction on where to start for getting theory down, understanding music better, and understanding guitar better. I'm going to a band camp in about two weeks or so, and I wanna better familiarization of terms and notes so it goes better. So I wanna know where a good place to start is.
There are plenty of great lessons on here, as well as my website (link below) to learn theory. It's a very helpful thing to learn.

The most important thing I've found through the years, however, is to train your ears as much as possible. Your ears are your number one greatest tool in making music.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
my favorite is musictheory.net just do the lessons in order and make sure you understand each lesson before you move to the next lesson.

but theres also lessons here on UG...
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
The major scale in all keys & chord formation. Nothing else before this.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
You start in MT

moved
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
-Notes and where they are on the fretboard
-Open chords
-Power Chords
-Major & Minor scales (the formulas and understanding that the same "shape" can be moved to any root note)
-Bar chords
-CAGED
-Harmony
-Accidentals, tension & release
-Voiceleading
Something along those lines maybe?
Also check out the The Crusade.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Quote by TK1
There are plenty of great lessons on here, as well as my website (link below) to learn theory. It's a very helpful thing to learn.

The most important thing I've found through the years, however, is to train your ears as much as possible. Your ears are your number one greatest tool in making music.

All right cool thanks, I looked over it a little bit and I think I'll hit this one pretty hard once I get the time.
Quote by Jordan5150
All right cool thanks, I looked over it a little bit and I think I'll hit this one pretty hard once I get the time.

I know a lot of people don't find music theory particularly interesting, more of a necessary evil...just remember that a little bit at a time won't kill you.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.