To start off... if this is in the wrong thread, a movement would be nice

So I just wanted to put out so of my work that I made. I've been playing guitar for quite a long time, but for some reason I feel I am progressing slowly towards the "expert" range of actually playing guitar. Don't get me wrong, I try, but I also love playing rhythm. It just feels like the soul of a song to me. I like a lot of melodic death metal and that kind of music. My favorite band being Insomnium, then Avenged sevenfold.

I just wanted to share some of my pieces because I always like turning them on and listening to them over professionally made songs sometimes. They also are very catchy and fun to play over and over and sometimes I feel maybe other people would enjoy it as much as I do.

I have my own soundcloud where I upload random things with my terrible mixing (www.soundcloud.com/thesmilingsorrow). It would be pretty cool if someone would actually take those tabs and do a cover of some of them or something. I make music that I can't even play, but once a song is in my head, I NEED TO SPIT IT OUT IN GUITAR PRO. Say the lead guitar in "Die Die Die solo", I cannot play that, but I knew what I wanted it to sound like... so poof. There is my song. Also the dark Lullaby tab, I cannot play the strung out chords on the electric guitar, but that is exactly what I wanted to hear when I played the song back.

Anyway, sorry for the long first post / thread of mine. I just wanted to see if I could interest anyone else as I interest myself with my own music.

Cheers.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qe7ov3wu2b0r4qy
Quote by i1own0u
To start off... if this is in the wrong thread, a movement would be nice

So I just wanted to put out so of my work that I made. I've been playing guitar for quite a long time, but for some reason I feel I am progressing slowly towards the "expert" range of actually playing guitar. Don't get me wrong, I try, but I also love playing rhythm. It just feels like the soul of a song to me. I like a lot of melodic death metal and that kind of music. My favorite band being Insomnium, then Avenged sevenfold.

I just wanted to share some of my pieces because I always like turning them on and listening to them over professionally made songs sometimes. They also are very catchy and fun to play over and over and sometimes I feel maybe other people would enjoy it as much as I do.

I have my own soundcloud where I upload random things with my terrible mixing (www.soundcloud.com/thesmilingsorrow). It would be pretty cool if someone would actually take those tabs and do a cover of some of them or something. I make music that I can't even play, but once a song is in my head, I NEED TO SPIT IT OUT IN GUITAR PRO. Say the lead guitar in "Die Die Die solo", I cannot play that, but I knew what I wanted it to sound like... so poof. There is my song. Also the dark Lullaby tab, I cannot play the strung out chords on the electric guitar, but that is exactly what I wanted to hear when I played the song back.

Anyway, sorry for the long first post / thread of mine. I just wanted to see if I could interest anyone else as I interest myself with my own music.

Cheers.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qe7ov3wu2b0r4qy

there's a forum for original recordings
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!