So lately I've been mad gas'ing for a les paul, but depressed by the fact that the good ones start at AT LEAST a grand. Then it occurred to me- Agile!
I've always heard good things about their higher end stuff, so I was thinking about this guitar.
Its pretty much their best les paul style, and it looks pretty sexyful. What do you all think of it? anyone out there have an agile similar to it? Any input will be appreciated!
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
pretty decent. its a very nice guitar for the money. however, it would seriously benefit from a set of better pickups
ah, of course. I usually end up experimenting on my guitars with new pickups and such anyway
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by krehzeekid
pretty decent. its a very nice guitar for the money. however, it would seriously benefit from a set of better pickups

Have you ever played one? What brings you to say that?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
I've had my Agile LP for around 6 years or so now (give or take), and it's been absolutely excellent for me throughout that time frame. It's literally been through hundreds of gigs and multiple recording sessions and never let me down once.
In reference to the poster above, the pickups are actually ok. My 2900 Chambered Body has the same Alnico Pickup set in it, and while they're not the best p'up set ever made, they're not bad at all for stock pickups.

I highly recommend Agiles to anyone looking at buying a similar guitar in the same price range.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Have you ever played one? What brings you to say that?

I havent played that exact model (I have played 2 AL-3000M's), but most agile's I've tried needed new pickups. its not that the stock ones are terribly bad or anything like that, its just that the guitars sound far better with a good after-market set. given the price of the guitar relative to other LP's, buying one and swapping the pickups to something quite good still leaves you a couple hundred ahead of something like an LP studio
Quote by sjones
I've had my Agile LP for around 6 years or so now (give or take), and it's been absolutely excellent for me throughout that time frame. It's literally been through hundreds of gigs and multiple recording sessions and never let me down once.
In reference to the poster above, the pickups are actually ok. My 2900 Chambered Body has the same Alnico Pickup set in it, and while they're not the best p'up set ever made, they're not bad at all for stock pickups.

I highly recommend Agiles to anyone looking at buying a similar guitar in the same price range.

Awesome, thats good to hear. I'm pretty confident i'm going to order this when my next paycheck comes in.

As for the pickup debate, it doesnt really worry me. If the pickups are good, then cool. I am constantly acquiring and changing out pickups just because I enjoy the change, so however they are will be fine with me.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Ah okay, I didn't mean to come off feisty or anything I'm just considering an Agile LP myself and wouldn't mind knowing the whole scoop either.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
agiles are the best solution if you can't get a gibson

and that one looks pretty damn tight, though i wouldn't get that finish personally but hey. who cares what i think?

happy future ngd
Quote by krehzeekid
I havent played that exact model (I have played 2 AL-3000M's), but most agile's I've tried needed new pickups. its not that the stock ones are terribly bad or anything like that, its just that the guitars sound far better with a good after-market set. given the price of the guitar relative to other LP's, buying one and swapping the pickups to something quite good still leaves you a couple hundred ahead of something like an LP studio

And an overall better guitar to boot. In my experiences playing multiple Epiphones in the same prace range and Gibson Studios, the Agile's I've either owned or played have been vastly better playing instruments IMO, and sound equally as good if not a bit better. If I'm not mistaken, a Gibby LP Studio runs around 1,200 bones, give or take (correct me if I'm wrong), so a 4-5 hundred dollar Agile with a pickup swap is still going to leave you with a better guitar for half the price of a Gibby Studio.

Of course, the Gibson Studio has a better resale value, but if you're buying an Agile then I assume you're buying a workhouse guitar. I never plan on getting rid of mine.

Seriously though, the pickups are pretty okay for stock pickups. Probably even better than you'd expect on a guitar in the price range. But, alas, yes a nice set of [insert preferred pickups here] would be an improvement.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Its pretty much like this- I have 2 electrics I absolutely love. A BC rich deluxe jr. V, and an american strat. I keep the V in drop D for metal, and the strat in standard and set up with pretty light strings so i can play blues and jazz. But, I don't have something that I can do like punk, classic rock, and just abuse with alternate tunings. I develop a serious sentimental attachment to my guitars so I will likely have this for a long long time.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Quote by racman92
Its pretty much like this- I have 2 electrics I absolutely love. A BC rich deluxe jr. V, and an american strat. I keep the V in drop D for metal, and the strat in standard and set up with pretty light strings so i can play blues and jazz. But, I don't have something that I can do like punk, classic rock, and just abuse with alternate tunings. I develop a serious sentimental attachment to my guitars so I will likely have this for a long long time.

The Agile would be great for those uses.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by racman92
Awesome, thats good to hear. I'm pretty confident i'm going to order this when my next paycheck comes in.

I've also been gas'ing mad for an Agile LP and I'm confident my next pay is going on that too :p I've just got to scope out the insurance possibilities and shipping cost to Australia. Also pretty tempted to pick up one of the Douglas violin bass copies as my first bass while I'm at it.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by nitestick
I've also been gas'ing mad for an Agile LP and I'm confident my next pay is going on that too :p I've just got to scope out the insurance possibilities and shipping cost to Australia. Also pretty tempted to pick up one of the Douglas violin bass copies as my first bass while I'm at it.

nice, nice. Shipping is a pain because I live in Hawaii, so I pay a lot, just not quite as much as you!
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Quote by nitestick

I've never played a Douglass bass, but the drummer in my band plays a Douglass Gretsch-knockoff in a rockabilly band he's in, and to my surprise it was actually quite a good guitar for something he paid less that 3 bills for.

Tuners didn't seem as good as the Grovers on the Agiles, but for the cheap ass prices, Douglass' are great guitars to mod out to your likings. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the guitar for the insamely low price.
Quote by Zeppelin71
The Agiles are Excelent. I buy most of my guitars from Rondo, seems like the only place to get a decent lefty at a decent price.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's an okay guitar.. but it's not a Les Paul.

IMO Les Pauls are overrated anyway.

Back on topic, I have on of the Agile LPs myself, and it's a fantastic guitar. Feels nice, looks nice, and plays nice and to be honest the only thing I plan on changing is the fact that it has EMGs in it and I want better pickups.

For the price, I highly recommend that guitar.
Quote by ciadude2
IMO Les Pauls are overrated anyway.
For you to have an opinion on them you'd need to have extensive experience with them. I struggle to believe you've so much as touched one, let alone played many over a long period of time.

Agile are what they are, one of many Korean-made copy brands. If they have the specs you want and you want to get an intermediate-level guitar for as little money as possible, they'll be good enough. If you want a Gibson Les Paul or any other MIA or MIJ single cut, an Agile isn't going to cut it. But that's why they're cheaper.
Quote by grohl1987
For you to have an opinion on them you'd need to have extensive experience with them. I struggle to believe you've so much as touched one, let alone played many over a long period of time.

Agile are what they are, one of many Korean-made copy brands. If they have the specs you want and you want to get an intermediate-level guitar for as little money as possible, they'll be good enough. If you want a Gibson Les Paul or any other MIA or MIJ single cut, an Agile isn't going to cut it. But that's why they're cheaper.
Who the balls hasn't touched a Gibson? They're overrated as piss. Or maybe overpriced is a better word. Yeah, they're pretty sweet guitars. But they charge so much for the name because mostly well, because they can. If a Gibson LP Standard was like $1500-$1800, I wouldn't have a problem with Gibsons at all. But $2500? For a company that's had flaws in their guitars so commonly for some years now, $2500 is way too much for me to be spending on something that takes at least $700 in revenue from the headstock.
Quote by grohl1987

Well actually since I owned a '71 Gold Top Deluxe for 2 years I'd say I do have some experience with them.

They're hideously overrated. They're good, not great, and certainly not worth the huge price tags they have. There's a saying that all guitars are $300 and you add or subtract based on the name on the headstock, and it's true with Gibson, Fender, and PRS, but especially Gibson.

For a good Les Paul made in the US I'd pay maybe $700, nothing more.

I'm not ripping you on your choice in guitars, we just have a differing opinion on this one, so don't think I'm trying to flame you. The name on the headstock of a guitar means nothing to me next to how it sounds. Personally I've come to have a taste for Ibanez, though.
Quote by grohl1987

i completely agree wit grohl here, regarding that 90% of the Gibson-Hater bandwagoneers haven't spent enought time with a gibson. there are many subtleties in a gibson that you will not find in any guitar. feel the sustain of a note when the LP is struck acoustically, nothing sustains like that. you feel quality wherever you touch, they use superior wood, craftsmenship, hardware and craftsmenship. and if you mess around with a set of '57 classics, or some Burstbuckers, you know it sounds just right.

to have such a strong opinion on hating gibson, you should at least play one for more than 20 minutes at a music store, you have to play them for hours on quality amplifiers, using them what they are intended for.

as far as agile goes, they make a decent guitar for the money, hell, the make a dang decent guitar for the money, but if you are under the impression that they are going to be anything like a gibson you are going to be setting yourself up for disappointment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i completely agree wit grohl here, regarding that 90% of the Gibson-Hater bandwagoneers haven't spent enought time with a gibson. there are many subtleties in a gibson that you will not find in any guitar. feel the sustain of a note when the LP is struck acoustically, nothing sustains like that. you feel quality wherever you touch, they use superior wood, craftsmenship, hardware and craftsmenship. and if you mess around with a set of '57 classics, or some Burstbuckers, you know it sounds just right.

to have such a strong opinion on hating gibson, you should at least play one for more than 20 minutes at a music store, you have to play them for hours on quality amplifiers, using them what they are intended for.

as far as agile goes, they make a decent guitar for the money, hell, the make a dang decent guitar for the money, but if you are under the impression that they are going to be anything like a gibson you are going to be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Hit the nail on the head here... and I'm not a fan of Gibson's based solely playing preferences...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Except I'm not hating on Gibson, I said they're good but not worth their overblown price tags.
I'd take that agile over any non elitist epiphone LP.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
very good looking guitar i heard a few agile les pauls
they sound great for the pice but thats my opinion
xaviere XV-500's that would be around epiphone standard quality? am i right (i know this most likely is not what the ts. should get)
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
I own one of those in black. It's a great guitar, but I don't have experience with anything other than a Squier Strat. The neck pickup can be a tiny bit muddy through an amp with a thick clean tone, and I've weighed the guitar and it's ~12 lbs. (don't use a thin strap), but past that, it's suited my needs of alternative and moderately heavy rock.
Coolness, Im getting it in a couple months, cuz shipping to hawaii is absolutely insane. Taking a trip back to baltimore in the fall, so i'm gonna order it and pick it up there then.

I love how this became a gibson arguement. I like Gibsons, I just dont have the money for one.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino