13 28%
Don't care
24 52%
Hell Yeah
20 43%
To rid the world of justin bieber
11 24%
Voters: 46.
Every night i find myself listening to the same top 40 shit.

It all just seems like uniform robotic music and no-one even uses instrumental anymore. Does anyone else find this irritating or is it just me? We need more real "bands" playing the popular music instead of just rap and sex songs.

Why do you listen to it every night?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I get the impression that top 40 stuff is usually made for dancing rather than for musical expression.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I like the radio. However, I don't like them playing Help is On The Way - Rise Against and Rope - Foo Fighters over and over and over again, with some 90's Metallica song in-between them and White Rabbit - Egypt Central when they get bored with Metallica. That is seriously all it seems like my local rock station plays. Plus a little Seether or Shinedown sometimes.
ololololol i hate justin bber and mainstreem muzic ololololol

For the record, I clicked "This shit is fine" and "Don't care".
I don't care. I have to listen to top 40 stuff all the time too (everybody I know loves it). Some of it is good i my opinion. I don't like most of it, but it's not a big deal.

We can keep real rappers and pop singers, it doesn't have to "bands" playing.

Edit: To be fair, I never hear Green Day on top 40 stations (I heard them a few times back in 2004-05). But they are still mainstream and very famous, so the whole "nobody knows them they need radio airplay" point is invalid. And who cares anyway? Some people feel the same way about Green Day as you feel about rappers and sex songs.

/rant
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 7, 2011,
Oh my god...I thought I was the only one who didn't like pop music.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Who cares what genre a song is in? If you like it, that's all that matters. There are great and shitty "pop" songs just like there are great or shitty songs in any genre. If you don't like the radio, stop listening to it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jun 7, 2011,
There's a reason I don't listen to the radio too often, TS...

Edit: Why are all the Mar '11ers making threads all the sudden? And none of the threads works of genius either?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by fee.young
Every night i find myself listening to the same top 40 shit.

It all just seems like uniform robotic music and no-one even uses instrumental anymore. Does anyone else find this irritating or is it just me? We need more real "bands" playing the popular music instead of just rap and sex songs.

That's because it is in a way uniform robotic music.

I'd suggest going to another medium to listen to music. Personally, if I'm not in my car and listening to radio at my house, I listen to Pandora. I loves me some Pandora.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Hahaha dude you're on the INTERNET. WHAT is stopping you from listening to the best music in the world?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I checked "Don't care" and "Hell yeah" because:

a) I almost never listen to the radio, so there's the Don't Care.
b) I do occasionally hear the shit that passes for music these days and whenever the latest craze song comes out, it's all I hear about and it makes me die a little inside.
So, hell yeah.
TS contradicts himself.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I listen to 102.1, 97.7, 103.3, 107.9, and 107.1. Between those stations, I get a decent selection of rock/indie music to listen to through the radio if I don't have my iPod to listen to in the car. Quit your bitching and stupidity, because throwing radio-pop into a "band" format doesn't magically make the music less predictable.
TS, I have a job for you.

1. Get a band
2. Make music that you like
3. Get on the radio
4. ???
5. Profit and stop whining.
Quote by fee.young
We need more real "bands" playing the popular music instead of just rap and sex songs.

It's on the radio because it's popular. The "Real" music that you like, you know back in the good old days, hasn't been mainstream for quite a while. Green Day's on the radio, actually. And yeah, sex is definitely not a theme in any genre of rock.

Quote by fee.young
some are good but its all the same- on originality

I don't know about you, but when I hear any Green Day song I immediately think "K Billy Joe you're a rebel and a loner but that makes you cooler"
Last edited by Twist of fate at Jun 7, 2011,