I'm baffled, I seem to not be able to find anyone who plays music where I live. Well anybody who doesn't play metal. I live in Austin, and I can not for the life of me find a bassist, or a keyboarder. What am I supposed to do? Haha, where do you look?

I don't know maybe I'm doing this all wrong.
Just keep looking; ask everyone you meet what they play and play with as many people as possible (even the metalheads if it's tolerable).
Make friends with musicians and bands, and go to lots of shows. Look and post on Craigslist.

It's tough at first but once you get the ball rolling and enter the scene people will come out of the woodwork; just keep at it if it's what you really want.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
You're not looking hard enough. They exist everywhere, you just need to find them. Craigslist is good for that
classifieds on this site, craigslist, posting ads in your local music shop, go to local shows and meet people.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Ya I'd look in places where they sell musical instruments or give lessons, theres usually a board where you can post info like looking for bandmates. Good luck, no way in hell im ever going to find a good blues band of 16 year olds!
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by Yoda_is_real
I live in Austin, and I can not for the life of me find a bassist, or a keyboarder.

And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Some geographic areas are tough, I know first hand.

Bassist New Braunfels.

PM me.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Took us two years to find a bassist who was serious about music. We also were a metal band but refused to have a "metal" bassist. Why you ask? Cause they suck, thats why. If you want a good bassist look into funk/reggae bass.
Quote by Yoda_is_real
I'm baffled, I seem to not be able to find anyone who plays music where I live. Well anybody who doesn't play metal. I live in Austin, and I can not for the life of me find a bassist, or a keyboarder. What am I supposed to do? Haha, where do you look?

I don't know maybe I'm doing this all wrong.

You're kidding, right?

Q: How do you get the attention of a musician in Austin?

A: Excuse me, Waiter....
Blues rock drummer/bassist littleton,co?
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Thanks guy's I'll definitely just have to look a bit harder, I'm about 17, so kids in High school are usually what I'm limited too, but I'll keep looking I guess, I mean that is how I found the other two guys.

Haha, that Live capital tag is so bullcrap it's not even funny. The only musicians here are either already in bands, or are 45 year old guys jamming in a blues rock band.
It is pretty ironic though.
Quote by Yoda_is_real
Thanks guy's I'll definitely just have to look a bit harder, I'm about 17, so kids in High school are usually what I'm limited too, but I'll keep looking I guess, I mean that is how I found the other two guys.

Haha, that Live capital tag is so bullcrap it's not even funny. The only musicians here are either already in bands, or are 45 year old guys jamming in a blues rock band.
It is pretty ironic though.

Well, i bet my highschool is smaller than yours, and i live in a city where almost no one is into rock/metal and during these 3 years of higschool, ive found people to play punk, heavy metal, hard rock, pop, reggae, classical, jazz, etc.

so all you need to do is become friends with musicians
Quote by theponz
Ya I'd look in places where they sell musical instruments or give lessons, theres usually a board where you can post info like looking for bandmates. Good luck, no way in hell im ever going to find a good blues band of 16 year olds!

i tried this, and with all respect, i was the only descent one