Hello, I'm buying a new neck pickup for my strat and I hope to get some suggestions from you. I know the best thing is to try for myself, but here where I live there aren't many guitar players so I really can't go and borrow anything, I can just buy used stuff and then resell it if necessary.

So, currently I have a DiMarzio HS-4 in neck position (DP217, yngwie model), which is a stacked single coil. The tone I was hoping to get from that pickup is like a single coil on low gain (crunch), and a bit more like humbucker when used on a high gain amp. Vintage tones sound OK with this pickup, but it just has too low output for hi gain lead (not death metal hi gain, more of a standard hard rock tone). I need a fluid lead tone, something like Ritchie Blackmore in Rainbow era (Long live rock n' roll lead tone).

My setup is guitar (alder strat) - EQ (as a gain boost) - Marshall JMP 2203.

Do you have some suggestions for me? I thought of Seymour Duncan SSL-4 (Quarter Pounder), which is quite cheap and available here.
I use a hot rails in the bridge and a cool rails in the neck. They also make a cool rails for the bridge. You can split coil them. I do and it will be exactly what you are looking for.
I'm kind of suspicious about coil splitting. I have tried a few humbuckers with that option, and coil split could never deliver true single coil tone. I checked the Seymour Duncan site, they say "Cool Rails are for players who need a louder, punchier, and fatter single-coil sound", so they could even be a good choice for me. I will have to check them out.
look into some of the Bareknuckle pickups, they're better known for pickups like the Painkiller and Warpig but they make some pretty sweet single coils too

why dont you go with the malmsteen set from Seymour Duncan (i think its them now, he used to be with dimarzio)
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Budget?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ivan987
I'm kind of suspicious about coil splitting. I have tried a few humbuckers with that option, and coil split could never deliver true single coil tone. I checked the Seymour Duncan site, they say "Cool Rails are for players who need a louder, punchier, and fatter single-coil sound", so they could even be a good choice for me. I will have to check them out.

It doesn't duplicate the sound 100%, but for me it works. The cool rails is the best to use for that option in my opinion, but you can beat a single coil neck pick up.
I would recommend an overdrive pedal instead. I use that to make 50s style single coils to sing like the loudest humbucker you could think of and beyond. This will also in the long run make you play better cause you here every note more clearly than if you use hot humbuckers.
the quarter pounder is exactly what you are lookcing for
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah