GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Shayden2008
147 IQ
He is a good man, he realises that there always is room for improvement, and he doesn't act like he is better than everyone else, even though he could easily get away with it. He seems very nice too..

So thats a yes.
Robfreitag
64 IQ
I think he sound pretty stupid whenever he opens his mouth. Solos vary from great to nothing special
---
andras67
skeptical
736 IQ
yeah of course, he seems likes a nice guy, also maybe he is not the best out there, but if it wasn't for him I wouldn't hear all kill em all daily when I was fifteen, and maybe I wouldn't pick ever a guitar because once I really wanted to play like him
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Kerry_King_1990
Slayer
434 IQ
he seems cool, i never met him though... still, doesnt come across as an asshole. guitar wise hes good, i agree with the guy that Gilbert is better, i mean, Get out of my yard is just incredible, its even mentioned in the bible, as Jesus's favourite album
FireFromTheVoid
Strange Juice
98 IQ
I remember when I started playing (3 yrs ago) I loved metallica.
I don't now, but I might not have picked up a guitar if it wasn't for them.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I'll come out 3 years after the end of the world

raferalston
43 IQ
Quote by JohnGR
Kirk Hammett rules!!

Yeah!!! Me too.....

Although Kirk is not the greatest, but I like his shy smiling and awful live solos...haha~
raferalston
43 IQ
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I remember when I started playing (3 yrs ago) I loved metallica.
I don't now, but I might not have picked up a guitar if it wasn't for them.

Me too dude, I won't pick up the guitar if i didn't hear FTB
shadow__666
*meaningless bollocks*
2,129 IQ
I like his playing, I think he's got skillz, by all accounts he's a good guy. I got nothing against him.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
hb15577
Easy like sunday
287 IQ
Quote by guitardWARf
i think paul gilbert is a nicer person and guitarist

how do you know which one of them is a nicer person? did you hang out with them over the weekend or something
Glass Prisoner
423 IQ
Quote by hb15577
how do you know which one of them is a nicer person? did you hang out with them over the weekend or something

It doesn't take a genius to see Paul is the cooler dude.
Kirk's not a dick, by any right. But he does seem unnecessarily smug sometimes, I never get that from Paul. He's a much better speaker as well; intelligent and funny, whereas Kirk seems kind of a geek, haha!
Skiny boy89
245 IQ
He's in my 'top 3 favorite guitarists of all time' list. He's amazing, far better than Hendrix, Page or Slash IMO.
SumFX
The Terror Of Tinytown
2,506 IQ
I'm not a fan of Metallica at all, but you can just tell Kirk is a nice guy.

Also i don't understand the hate he gets, i mean, he's obviously really talented and comes across really nice, so whats the problem?

Plus, he is a fan of The Ramones Massive respect.
james.hetfield
865 IQ
one of my 3 top guitarists of all time,kirk hammett,john petrucci,andy james
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Hi TS. I've never heard of the band Metallica (I don't listen to very much underground music haha sorry!). Could you please show me some songs?
kirbyrocknroll
UG's Cannons King
2,342 IQ
Quote by due 07
Hi TS. I've never heard of the band Metallica (I don't listen to very much underground music haha sorry!). Could you please show me some songs?

Kirk easily seems to be the most easygoing and down-to-earth member of Metallica. In the Some Kind of Monster documentary, I remember him saying that he tries to set an example for the other guys by trying to have as little ego as possible. He doesn't claim to be the best guitarist, and you can tell that when he's on stage he's up there having a blast. It's also cool to watch those videos of him playing guitar with fans and kids from the Make a Wish foundation. I'm also one of the people here who was inspired by Kirk to pick up playing guitar.

That being said, I think Kirk needs to lay off the wah a bit