I have the opportunity to buy:
Dunlop Crybaby, DigiTech Tone Driver pedal, MD-2 Mega Distortion pedal , Boss CS 3 Compressor, and a Boss Distortion pedal all on a SKB pedal board
For $175

Do I take the deal?

Edit: I changed my desires for guitar/amp combo based on some suggestions in a thread on accessories. I now realize how silly it was to buy an expensive guitar with such a shit amp that I own (Line 6 Spider III)
Last edited by Aegaris at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by Aegaris
How much fun will I have connecting these to a Line 6 Spider III and a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24?

If serious... I really don't know what kind fun you'll have... pedals through a Spider III sound horrible. The only one that might be fun is the CryBaby... but the fun kinda wears off after a while when you realise how much worse your tone sounds.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 7, 2011,
The crybaby alone would be worth more than $175 in my opinion, one of the best inventions for guitar haha
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
I'd check for the conditions of the pedals. They might have seen better days.

Please tell me you have a C24 SE.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by demon.guitarist
The spider wont take effects well - but thats a good deal.

The only tube amp I have available is a Peavy rage 158.
Quote by ragingkitty
Please tell me you have a C24 SE.

Well, the situation is to be determined. I don't own the guitar or the pedals yet but I have some spendable money and I've been playing my acoustic for 1-2 hours a day consistently weather I like it or not. (I feel addicted lol)
Quote by ragingkitty
I'd check for the conditions of the pedals. They might have seen better days.

The pedals are in "Immaculate" condition, they even have the boxes and the paperwork still.
Quote by Aegaris
Well, the situation is to be determined. I don't own the guitar or the pedals yet but I have some spendable money and I've been playing my acoustic for 1-2 hours a day consistently weather I like it or not. (I feel addicted lol)

Gosh, much as I know the PRS C24 is an awesome axe (I want one very much too), but please don't run it through a Spider III.

That said, if the conditions of the pedals are good, you can buy and flip the pedals... at least the ones that aren't so great. If you price it right, you should be able to keep one or 2 and still break even.

The ones that are useable are the CryBaby, the CS3 and the Distortion (if that is the DS1).
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
Gosh, much as I know the PRS C24 is an awesome axe (I want one very much too), but please don't run it through a Spider III.

I found out about modeling amps after I found a deal on that Spider III unfortunately. Short of spending 800-1200 on a stack what are my options?
Quote by ragingkitty
PRS C24 is an awesome axe .

It is perfect except for the tremolo, I dislike tremolo bridges.
Quote by Aegaris
I found out about modeling amps after I found a deal on that Spider III unfortunately. Short of spending 800-1200 on a stack what are my options?

Bite the bullet, flip the Spider on CL and get a better amp.

You don't need a stack, a combo will do you good. If you need help post a "What amp" thread on GG&A. You'll get a stack of recommendations.

Or you can save up, develop your techniques, then flip the stack of firewood in a year.... at least you get a year's of use outta it. Personally speaking... short of the compressor and the Wah... the rest of the pedals are going to be meh on your Spider.

Quote by Aegaris
It is perfect except for the tremolo, I dislike tremolo bridges.

You'll have to live with it... then again, PRS' trems are among the most stable on the market, I don't see why you should have any problems with it.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
You'll have to live with it... then again, PRS' trems are among the most stable on the market, I don't see why you should have any problems with it.

All the times I have played the Cu24 it seemed good tuning wise but I'm just haunted by the memory of an RG Ibanez Floyd rose that was a huge painnnnn. I like switching strings somewhat frequently too.
a PRS Custom 24 and a Line6 Spider III with a bunch of pedals?!

Dude that's like driving your Maserati thru town on 4 mini spares.. WTF? Get the hell outta here..
If you've got that much money to spend on the guitar - sell the amp for whatever you get, buy a guitar that's half the price and buy a decent tube amp and better pedals.

There's no point having a beautiful guitar and sending your signal through sludge (alright the pedals aren't that bad, but you'll be better off in the long run with better kit all round).
Quote by CoF-Dean
The crybaby alone would be worth more than $175 in my opinion, one of the best inventions for guitar haha

please share the drugs you are taking . cry-baby's are decnt but i doubt the one he is getting is worth anywhere near $175.

anyways. how much fun isn't the issue so much is do you have a practical use for the pedals you mentioned. you pedal board should be built around what you really need and not "fun" ask yourself what songs do i play that require those fx and if you don't need them all then the deal isn't as good.
i agree. the PRS is a waste of money unless you have a very nice amp and quality gear...oh, and you actually really know how to play.

between the tone coming out of your fingers (guessing you just started), medicore pedals (not boutiques) and a horrid amp, there will most likely be no tonal difference between a PRS and a squier. your essentially paying 2000 bucks for looks.

i would highly recommend buying a 800-1000 dollar guitar (you can get some REALLY nice guitars for about 1000 if you look around, dont just go for a fender or gibson cause its what everbdy uses), and about 800-1000 on an amp.

again, get the amp suited towards your style of music, and stacks arent even that good if you dont need em. most albums have been recorded on small combos in the studio. there are small boutique combo amps that cost more than marshall full stacks. its all about tone.

good gear is only good for people who know how to use it.