I love the feel of a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 but I don't think I would use the tremolo bridge much and I don't like the idea of having counter tensioned springs to worry about when I change strings and down tune. (I also like the SC245's sound but I don't like the fat neck) Can you guys give me any advice?
I'm pretty sure that the singlecut has specs very similar to the Custom, try checking that out. I played one once at guitar center and it played great and sounded good. It just wasn't the right guitar for me specifically

EDIT: whoops only read first half
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Last edited by soulsablaze at Jun 7, 2011,
If you can wait... you can get your dealer to make a request for a C24 with a hardtail... my dealer told me it doesn't cost anything extra... but there's minimum a 6 to 9 months wait for the request to go into the next factory batch.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
If you can wait... you can get your dealer to make a request for a C24 with a hardtail... my dealer told me it doesn't cost anything extra... but there's minimum a 6 to 9 months wait for the request to go into the next factory batch.

That sounds like the way to go, seriously. Is that what you're doing?
Quote by ragingkitty

Will it still have the cavity for the springs in the back or no?
Quote by Aegaris
That sounds like the way to go, seriously. Is that what you're doing?

When I get the money. At least here in Singapore hardtails C24s are hard to come by... so the ones I've seen so far maintain 75% of its retail price, while the tremolo C24 only maintain 60% of its resale value.

Quote by Aegaris
Will it still have the cavity for the springs in the back or no?

I can't recall TBH, but I think the 4 that I saw didn't have the cavity.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 7, 2011,
You can lock the tremolo using a screwdriver. Takes five minutes.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Quote by ragingkitty
When I get the money. At least here in Singapore hardtails C24s are hard to come by... so the ones I've seen so far maintain 75% of its retail price, while the tremolo C24 only maintain 60% of its resale value.

I can't recall TBH, but I think the 3 that I saw didn't have the cavity.

What price is your shop going to hook you up with a hard tail for?
Hardtail is one of the standard options for PRs guitars. In fact the trem used to be an option you had to pay extra for. The wrapover hardtail bridge costs no more than a regular model. Most shops that carry PRS guitars will have at least two or three hardtail models in and any PRS dealer can order one in, it'll cost no more than a PRS with a trem unless you also want it in a specific finish or you want other options like an all-rosewood neck or an older style control layout. In that case it may cost a little more and take an extra couple of months but if you just want a standard PRS Custom 24 with a hardtail, most dealers should be able to have one shipped in within a month.
Quote by grohl1987
Hardtail is one of the standard options for PRs guitars. In fact the trem used to be an option you had to pay extra for. The wrapover hardtail bridge costs no more than a regular model. Most shops that carry PRS guitars will have at least two or three hardtail models in and any PRS dealer can order one in, it'll cost no more than a PRS with a trem unless you also want it in a specific finish or you want other options like an all-rosewood neck or an older style control layout. In that case it may cost a little more and take an extra couple of months but if you just want a standard PRS Custom 24 with a hardtail, most dealers should be able to have one shipped in within a month.

Sounds like that's what I need to do, thanks for the info!!
You can just lock it with a piece of wood. then it will be completly locked, just like an hardtail.

And i like the feel of tremolo bridge rather then the hardtail bridge.