Can someone link me to something that shows the names of all the notes of every harmonic on the guitar? including the ones around the pickups?

are there any "C" harmonics anywhere?

for added clarity the type of harmonic i'm referring to is like at the 12th fret, or 3rd/4th/5th etc, lightly put the finger over the string and pluck. I really want to start using them in my songs but i'm not sure what the names of them are other than the octave harmonics at the 12th fret...
All of them really.

Easiest to do it on 3rd 5th 7th 12th 16th and 24th fret
Quote by grimms
All of them really.

Easiest to do it on 3rd 5th 7th 12th 16th and 24th fret

Can you please re-read my first sentence and try again?

edit: i know where i can do every harmonic, my question is which notes are these harmonics.

not every harmonic is an octave above (i think), and so just because i do a harmonic over a B note doesn't necessarily mean the harmonic note will be a B (i don't think).
Last edited by -TM- at Jun 7, 2011,
On the 12th fret it's just the same as open, so if your guitar was tuned to standard it would go E A D G B E

On the 7th fret it's the notes under each fret. So B D A etc

On the 5th it's E A D etc again.

On the 4th it's the notes under each fret. G# C# etc.

Repeat that for 12 frets above.

Otherwise if you crank enough gain you'll be able to get natural harmonics anywhere on the fretboard, just use your ear to find the notes.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Oh sorry, to get a C, hit a B and use your whammy, or fret a C note anywhere and tap 12 frets above it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
There are also harmonics at the 19th fret that hit the same pitch as the 7th.
If you aren't sure, why not use an electric tuner to find out?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
why not use artificial harmonics? you can create a harmonic of any note this way.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
or pull an eddie van halen and fret the first fret on the b string and then tap the 13th fret and you get a C harmonic.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.