I've been learning some more advanced solos for myself.

I'm not good at tabbing very fast licks, and i've been learning by a tab
The song is Not Ready to Die by Avenged Sevenfold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKP9RwoTWwE

The particular part i am struggling with replicating the correct sound is 3:45 - 3:55.
I can't identify whether or not it's 100% legato or not. I play it about 90% legato, and add in some picking now and then. Legato is my weakness as a lead player, so i think this particular section will help me a lot, and it infact has.

I've been using this tab:
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/avenged_sevenfold/not_ready_to_die_tab.htm#comments

I can almost play it up to speed, and i feel i will be there soon with more practise, but when i do play it near speed it still doesn't sound right. I can't figure out whether it's the tab itself (which is my assumption) or whether or not the entire thing is hammerons and pullofs, with no picking involved, because i know using the pick changes the sound.

If anybody could help out on achieving the sound i want, and identifying what the problem is it would be much appreciated.
Thanks (:

PS: Soooooo happy to be unbanned after 30 days
I would suggest it's not all legato, its slightly accentuated on string changes, where he's picking, some of it is sweeping too, so that also accentuates as its not legato.

edit: if you have it, i looked at the gp version to hear it better with the tab.
I did have GP 5 until a couple months ago. I started downloading guitar pro tabs and it said i need an updated version of GP to open the tabs.
I thought that i might need GP 6 so i torrented it (i torrented GP 5 also) and i couldn't get a GP 6 torrent working.
So for now i don't have any GP because well... it's totally broken and i don't care enough to torrent GP 5 again and to probably have it break once more.
It is all legato with tapping until that last run which is alternate picked.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Well, the beginning of the fast bit at 3:45 is legato on e, then sweeps down, and has a fast legato run down the strings from e again...its basically mostly legato except for the very last run in the last bar of that solo, i think.

edit for above: Im playing it without tapping.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Jun 7, 2011,