Due to the high Australian dollar, I have fast tracked buying another new guitar. Current guitar consists of an ESP Horizon NT II, I have an ESP Horizon NT 7 string on the way also. I want each guitar to be different. So I have a 6 string fixed bridge, 7 string fixed bridge on the way, so next in line is a 6 string tremolo based guitar. I want it to stay in tune when the whammy is used alot, so it would have to be an original Floyd Rose or equivalent. 24 fret guitar, nice smooth, slim neck, easy access to the higher frets, good cut away. Low profile tremolo would be nice but not totally needed.

I have my eye on a few but not sure how they stack up against eachother:

ESP MII NTB
http://gearhounds.com/esp-mii-ntb-emg-electric-guitar-black.aspx

ESP HORIZON FR II
http://gearhounds.com/esp-horizon-fr-ii-see-thru-red.aspx

JACKSON KV2 KING V
http://gearhounds.com/jackson-usa-king-v-kv2-snow-white.aspx

Feel free to add more, as I have not looked too extensively. Am open to Ibanez and Dean guitars too, so long as they fit the criteria. Not too keen on signature guitars, I feel you get more guitar for your money by going non-signature. What do you guys think? Thanks heaps in advance!!
Quote by ragingben
If your budget can stretch a PRS Custom 24 would be a nice addition, the locking tuners help it to stay in tune a lot without the hassle of a locking Floyd Rose.

How much do they sell for off an online vendor? Is it a full Floyd Rose? As in up AND down? Or just one-way? The PRS I'm looking at shows just a one-way whammy.
Last edited by Megadeth09 at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by ragingben
Around £1800 GBP, so ~$2700 AUD. The trem is a PRS patented trem, but you don't get the range you get with a Floyd Rose. You can use it both ways though, but it suits more bluesy warbles, no dive bombs etc! They are an exception 24 fret guitar though,

You're off by a factor of 1/2 man. A quick check shows that a PRS (not SE) C24 will cost approx AUD4000... you have to remember that Australia slaps a heavy import duty on musical instruments and related items.

TS, if you go for the PRS SEs, they are well within your budget. How I get the distinct feeling its Flyod Rose or bust for you.

Why don't you tell us what you are looking for in your guitars?

I see FRs, some actives, twin HB, no volume control on some etc...
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Whats your amp? Cause if its shit you should probably spend money on that instead, just sayin
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by ragingkitty
You're off by a factor of 1/2 man. A quick check shows that a PRS (not SE) C24 will cost approx AUD4000... you have to remember that Australia slaps a heavy import duty on musical instruments and related items.

TS, if you go for the PRS SEs, they are well within your budget. How I get the distinct feeling its Flyod Rose or bust for you.

Why don't you tell us what you are looking for in your guitars?

I see FRs, some actives, twin HB, no volume control on some etc...

Sorry, I will elaborate. FR would be up on the list. I don't play much blues, unless it's mucking around with a pentatonic scale etc. I mainly play metal, but love playing clean arpeggios. My budget for a Floyd Rose based guitar would be about $2,300AUS, maybe more for an exceptional guitar. Import tax here in Australia is not that much. My ESP which cost me about $1,400AUS was charged about $250AUS in taxes when it landed, the same guitar in Australia cost $2,600 AUS retail... In terms of what I want in the guitar:

Smooth, slim, fast playing neck
A whammy that won't go out of tune
Nice cutaway for access to the higher frets
No huge bulge in the back of the neck that limits fret access(Les Pauls etc)
24 fret, standard volume and tone controls
Not too sure about active or passive
Jumbo frets!

I'm looking at amps at the same time also.

Also could a mod please move this to the "Electric guitar" section pleaseee.
I would recommend the Horizon FR-II to you, simply because your other guitars are Horizons, and you will have a very similar consistent feel between all of your guitars. I know some people don't care about that, but I do, and if you do also, it's important.

I really don't like playing my M (same neck as the ESP M) that much, while I absolutely love my H (same neck as ESP Horizon). Just something to think about.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I would recommend the Horizon FR-II to you, simply because your other guitars are Horizons, and you will have a very similar consistent feel between all of your guitars. I know some people don't care about that, but I do, and if you do also, it's important.

I really don't like playing my M (same neck as the ESP M) that much, while I absolutely love my H (same neck as ESP Horizon). Just something to think about.

But what's the point have having 3 identical guitars? I personally prefer some variety.

I know it probably isn't as high end as you are thinking TS, but why not at least consider the PRS Torrero SE? I find that a lot of FR 24 fretters superstrats out there today don't meet my needs in terms of specs, design, feel, shape etc etc... the only one that I would look at is the Torrero. Though YMMV.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 8, 2011,
Quote by ragingkitty
But what's the point have having 3 identical guitars? I personally prefer some variety.

It's a personal thing, really. I have an Ibanez with a Wizard II, an LTD with an Xtra Thin U, and an LTD with a Thin U, and personally I hate going between them. I wish they were all Thin U's, and when I can afford it, all of my guitars eventually will have Thin U necks.

I guess I'm in the minority of people that are like this, and it may be something OCD related, but I just really like knowing exactly what I'm going to get when I pick up a guitar.

It may also have something to do with my hands. The Thin U is the most comfortable neck that I've ever played on, so that's why I don't like other necks - my hands like the Thin U the most, and everything else is less comfortable.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
of those 3 the ESP Horizon FR II is the best, absolutely stunning guitar. maybe pop out the EMGs if you dont like them but i think you can get it with Seymour Duncans too
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Personally I would go with the Jackson. I have an RR24, and it blows any ESP I've played out of the water, even custom shop ones. It's all up to personal preference though, but I think you'll love the Jacksons neck. Also, even though I know it's not on your list, higher end Deans and Dimebag Washburns are really good. The Dimebag Washburns are probably more up your alley, but they're hard to find. There's one on Ebay right now, so just type in Washburn Dime.
Quote by Anton Crowley
Personally I would go with the Jackson. I have an RR24, and it blows any ESP I've played out of the water, even custom shop ones. It's all up to personal preference though, but I think you'll love the Jacksons neck. Also, even though I know it's not on your list, higher end Deans and Dimebag Washburns are really good. The Dimebag Washburns are probably more up your alley, but they're hard to find. There's one on Ebay right now, so just type in Washburn Dime.

Yeah?? That much of a difference? I'm intrigued. Please elaborate on which ESPs you compared the Jackson to.