Cops Point Gun at Bystander's Head for Filming Them Shooting a Suspect

Page 1 of 2
An eyewitness to a fatal police shooting in Miami Beach last week claims police officers attempted to confiscate the video he filmed of the incident, and even crushed his phone underfoot in an attempt to destroy the recording.

Source with video

Lovely. Yet another reason to never trust police officers.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
Source with video

I don't think this incident is representative of all police officers.

This is a huge abuse in power though.
Quote by Das_Skittles

You do realize that police officers are not a monolith, right? Some cops are dicks, some are great people. It's utterly shameful when they abuse their power, but you can't paint them all in one broad stripe.
**** da popo
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Das_Skittles

Seriously, you're going to generalize this to a whole occupation?

I hate these sort of cops, the ones that abuse their power... it makes it so much harder for the good cops to do their jobs if the public can't trust them.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Is this another place where you aren't allowed to film cops..?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

That's intense.

As people have said, will say, can't throw them all under this umbrella though.
Fuck da police.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I personally have never had a bad experience with a cop. And while I am sure there are asshole ones, I would imagine most of them are ok.

Also, I think its funny how the people who hate cops are always the quickest to bitch about them not being around when their house gets broken into....
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
i hate polticians, cops, ignorant people, christians...um i guess i am a misanthrope until i get to know specific people...
Fuck. Tha. Police.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by AtTheGates\m/
i hate polticians, cops, ignorant people, christians...um i guess i am a misanthrope until i get to know specific people...

So you're like 99% of the pit?
A video posted on YouTube, which CNN cannot independently confirm, shows a commotion on a wide boulevard, as an erratically driven car comes to a stop at an intersection. Bystanders scatter as officers surround the car, with guns drawn. Then gunfire breaks out. In Benoit's video, it looks like there are muzzle flashes from the pistols of as many as a dozen officers.

Herisse was killed, and four bystanders were injured by gunfire, according to Noriega.

****ing morons.
Quote by shikkaka
I personally have never had a bad experience with a cop. And while I am sure there are asshole ones, I would imagine most of them are ok.

Also, I think its funny how the people who hate cops are always the quickest to bitch about them not being around when their house gets broken into....

How is a legitimate grievance funny?
lol in the responses

"Everytime I pass a cop on the highway I wave my hand and say "these are not the droids you are looking for". I'm not sure it helps, but it can't hurt."

And where these cops from Farmington?
Acaveda: I am dissapoint
Last edited by toine at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr

I hate these sort of cops, the ones that abuse their power... it makes it so much harder for the good cops to do their jobs if the public can't trust them.

This is just another fuck up in a long list of cops across the entire country abusing their power. The fact is, there is a sizeable minority of cops who pull this shit with impunity. As a whole, you are protecting yourself by not trusting with a police officer, and cooperating only to the extent required by law.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by AtTheGates\m/

So basically, you're a dick to everyone unless they share your exact views?

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by Alpha_Wolf
So basically, you're a dick to everyone unless they share your exact views?

Wait, actually I meant he's like 100% of the pit
Quote by toine
So the guy stopped his car and then dozens of cops shot at the car?
He killed a cop in a hit and run or something earlier that day.

The article says they found guns in the suspect's car, but it was unclear if he shot at them. But it sounds like revenge to me, especially since they were trying to cover it up. I understand trying to keep control over the scene (with hand cuffing and such) but stepping on the phones screams cover up.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
This is fucking ridiculous. Honestly, its fucking ridiculous that we live in a country where people spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and years of their life learning how to save one life at a time, and the government pays you to take a 9-week program on how to keep a thousand+ people safe at any given time.

And to top if off, in trying to keep one man from hurting anyone, the COPS shot 4 (thats right, FOUR) innocent bystanders.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
nah i hate them but i feel bad for them for making me hate them; they have no free will the universe just happens to unfold in a way that makes them so. I understand this and am actually polite to random people or ignore them but until i get to know them deep down i hate them.
Quote by blackflag49
How is a legitimate grievance funny?

The police can't guard everyones house from potential break in's. Its funny because the people who rip on cops all the time pull a 180 and suddenly demand their presence.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by shikkaka
The police can't guard everyones house from potential break in's. Its funny because the people who rip on cops all the time pull a 180 and suddenly demand their presence.

That's one of the reasons people rip on cops. Not only because of instances like this where they blatantly abuse their power and act like thugs, but because when they're actually needed to do the job taxpayers are paying them to do, they're often nowhere to be found. Try calling 911 from an inner city neighborhood and see how long it takes for anyone to show up.
Here is a really good article on the subject.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/12/07/the-war-on-cameras

The police and municipalities need to be held accountable for their actions, yet, they are doing more and more to waive that accountability, even outlaw attempts by citizens to show misdeeds on the part of authorities.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Arsewipe should be fired, and the tried for gross misconduct and endangering the public.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by rgrockr

The problem is people shouldn't be given this kind of power in the first place.

**** the police.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Tis a lovely police state we have created for ourselves, don't you agree my fellow Americans?

Not at all, actually.

Quote by guitarhero_764
The problem is people shouldn't be given this kind of power in the first place.

**** the police.

Aye. We should just be allowed to run around without safeguards, hoping that everybody follows a strict moral code and does not stray from it.
Last edited by goest at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by ecvMatt
Here is a really good article on the subject.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/12/07/the-war-on-cameras

The police and municipalities need to be held accountable for their actions, yet, they are doing more and more to waive that accountability, even outlaw attempts by citizens to show misdeeds on the part of authorities.

That judge on the first page needs to be removed from the bench, preferably with a shotgun.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Another reason to own a weapon...

Quote by element4433
He killed a cop in a hit and run or something earlier that day.

The article says they found guns in the suspect's car, but it was unclear if he shot at them. But it sounds like revenge to me, especially since they were trying to cover it up. I understand trying to keep control over the scene (with hand cuffing and such) but stepping on the phones screams cover up.

He was a suspect of a gas station robbery that left the clerk injured/dead..

Also, just to start a SS....this is why you people who cry for gun control dont get it! What happens when the police have all the weapons??

More Sh*t like this, thats what...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by Controlpanel

Except for the fact that if no one owned a weapon this wouldn't have even happened in the first place..?
You're stupid, like really stupid. I have a joke for you.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

You're stupid.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Beach cops tend to be the worst. Definitely excessive force, but I guess they were looking for other suspects or whatever. Trying to destroy evidence against themselves probably shows they were in the wrong.
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by Controlpanel

He was a suspect of a gas station robbery that left the clerk injured/dead..

Also, just to start a SS....this is why you people who cry for gun control dont get it! What happens when the police have all the weapons??

And if the guy had pulled a weapon he'd have been blown away.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Controlpanel

Don't be a tard.

Live in the UK. Cops have more weapons, legally, than civilians. The gun crimes here are met with force. The knife crimes with nationwide amnesties. Hit and runs are chased up and dealt with, without blowing the bastard living fuck out of any people (just happened to be black jus sayin) who don't abide by the well shined boots over their head. More often than not, situations are de-escalated or our boys in blue just mace themselves in the eyeball. Either way, gun control is clearly the decisive factor here.
Page 1 of 2