Here's the box

Here's a peak

And here it is

Review:

A little story that explains why I chose Engl Thunder http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Tokki+Wartooth/blog/95624/

This is a 3 channel 50watt all tube amp. Shared EQ + Gain knob for all 3 channels.
Different volume knobs for Crunch + Lead Channels, and a Master volume.

I play through a Peavey Valveking 412 cab for now.

I got this amp for band practice and gigging. I play heavy/power/thrash metal, hard rock and blues. Until now I've found that is amp suits me perfectly. It matches my EMG 81's very well.
It takes a while to dial THE tone, and I'm not sure if I've found the perfect settings for me, but it sounded great for any EQ I dialed.

It's not very heavy (compared to other 50w tube heads) and seems very solid and sturdy. The knobs are plastic and maybe more loose than I expected, but still they get the job done. The power and standby switches are plastic. I prefer metal levers, but that's no big thing.

The only drawback: the shared gain knob makes the clean channel break up if set above 4-5. I like pristine clean parts between high gain riffs, and this is something this amp cannot do. You have to lower your guitar volume to do that.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9uiDMyCPTE
Last edited by Tokki Wartooth at Jun 7, 2011,
Hnad!
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Dude I've had GAS for one of those for such a long time...cant find any for a solid price used though...I'm jealous

hnad though!!
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Last edited by chrisg7 at Jun 7, 2011,
happy new amp day!!!! i love engl new amp days!!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by chrisg7
Dude I've had GAS for one of those for such a long time...cant find any for a solid price used though...I'm jealous

hnad though!!

You can find it online. I got this one for 710 euros, but it's the cheapest ENGL until now.

Still awesome! Thank you guys
Ah! You lucky bastard! 710€ for an engl! Theres too much GAS from that!
And, of course, HNAD!
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by chrisg7

hnad though!!
Same here.

Happy new amp day! I hope you will enjoy it.
Quote by Tokki Wartooth

there is a whole lotta f*ck yes going on in that picture.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.