Page 1 of 3
No, I'm pretty sure they're laughing at us.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
I don't think i've ever seen a Spanish comedy how the hell have they judged this?

For me it goes.

1. English
2. Scottish
3. Australian
4. American

I find American to obvious and half the time see the joke coming. Not to say that's all American comedy because I ****ing love Curb your Enthusiasm
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Jun 7, 2011,
Well American humour is a lot more accessible than British humour, doesn't mean it's better though.
yeah I can vouch for Germans and Italians being horrendously unfunny and devoid of joy. I can't say about the others.
#DTWD
I bet the majority of people who voted in this were American...

You can't really judge a nation/country on how funny they are. There are funny and unfunny people in every country.
What can I say, our humor has always far outshone that of our peasant friends across the ocean.
sunbather is shit
Quote by space aids
No I'm pretty sure they're laughing at us.

OK, but at least we amuse them while they do it.
Quote by article
The social network and dating website Badoo.com asked 30,000 people across 15 countries to name both the "funniest," or best at making people laugh," and "the least funny" nationality.

All credibility = gone
^Agreed.

Just goes to show the world laughs more easily at fart jokes from Family Guy than smart British humor, which is much more humorous in my opinion.
As a whole i prefer British comedy (Simon Pegg, Gervais, Bill Nighy, Nick Frost) but there are some under-the-radar American comedies that i find are just brilliant
Want to leave hurtful comments about me and my band on youtube!?!?!? Click the link below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWguqmZB34

Quote by Tragic Mulatto
as long as you are in this thread you are in my vagina.
I would have to say first place is a close call between Canada and the British, I mean seriously maybe America has the funnier shows but a lot of their comedians such as Jim Carrey and Dan Aykroyd come from Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_comedians

Plus we have the Montreal Just For Laughs Festival which is one of the biggest comedy festivals in the world and has given many famous comedians their start.
Quote by RPGoof
^Agreed.

Just goes to show the world laughs more easily at fart jokes from Family Guy than smart British humor, which is much more humorous in my opinion.

I've seen British fart jokes before. It's just funnier when a Brit farts.
Italians can be pretty funny, I like them anyway for the most part as long as they aren't skinhead facist types.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I find british humor much more hilarious than any american humor
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
I'm more of a Mitch Hedberg, Lewis Black and Carlin type of guy. Other then that I don't like American Comedians or comedians in general.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
British less amusing than mexico, italy spain, france and brazil?

What the utter fuck?

Britain makes/made countless brilliant and influential comedy shows, movies and comedians.... I can't think of a single one from any of those countries? They've contributed basically nothing.
This isn't patriotism kicking in... but that poll is complete shite.
Quote by dont_cry789
I would have to say first place is a close call between Canada and the British, I mean seriously maybe America has the funnier shows but a lot of their comedians such as Jim Carrey and Dan Aykroyd come from Canada
*cough*Colin Mochrie*cough*
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
I'll stick with dry wit and macabre thankyou very much and I shall mock you for your easy to access humour.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by HowToFly
I find british humour much more hilarious than any american humor

fixed
Want to leave hurtful comments about me and my band on youtube!?!?!? Click the link below!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWguqmZB34

Quote by Tragic Mulatto
as long as you are in this thread you are in my vagina.
Quote by RPGoof

yeah because this is cutting edge razor sharp wit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuP1eycaA6c&

this doesn't even make sense. and an Englishman DIED he found this so funny ...
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jun 7, 2011,
I find all forms of humor shallow and pedantic.

also,

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I agree. Americans are the funniest. I don't really enjoy british humor and german humor is downright terrifying
C'mon, this is the country that brought you claymation Celebrity Deathmatch! You simply cannot beat that.
Quote by Spud Spudly
C'mon, this is the country that brought you claymation Celebrity Deathmatch! You simply cannot beat that.

you could beat that...if they brought it back, like it was the 1st time, not the fail version of it when it came back for a year
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by primusfan

What the **** am I watching?
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by primusfan

I enjoyed that.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by primusfan

how could that possibly be funny?

Quote by vitchb
That's not even supposed to be witty... if you had any sense you'd realise that.

i think he realizes that...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by Twist of fate
What can I say? The world loves laughing at us. Especially New Jersey.

I can see Jersey out my window and let me say......uhhh.......you guys drive better than people from Connecticut. yeah
Quote by Spud Spudly
I can see Jersey out my window and let me say......uhhh.......you guys drive better than people from Connecticut. yeah

NO ONE in New Jersey can drive, but each individual complains about how no one in New Jersey can drive.
I love American Humor, but I gotta admit British Humor is way more classy.
Quote by vitchb

What the utter fuck?

Britain makes/made countless brilliant and influential comedy shows, movies and comedians.... I can't think of a single one from any of those countries? They've contributed basically nothing.

See, the thing is... Monty Python has like... ten funny skits. And the rest of them are so awful that we can't believe you guys are still milking the ten funny ones.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by vitchb

What the utter fuck?

Not sure about the others, but Brazil has some hilarious stand-up comedians and there's a lot of comedy shows on TV that are quite successful.
Quote by vitchb
That's not even supposed to be witty... if you had any sense you'd realise that.

but British humor is apparently "so smart". I like monty python as much as the next guy, but America has more Jews and is simply funnier as a result.

seriously though, just off the top of my head some American classics:

bill hicks
George carlin
Lenny bruce
don rickles
Patton oswalt
Brian poeshen
David cross
Lewis black
Rodney dangerfield
richard pryor
redd fox
Steven wright
Eddie Murphy
chris rock
Christopher Titus
Larry David
woody Allen
Kevin hart
John leguizamo
Daniel tosh
Kevin smith
robin Williams
david Alan Grier
Adam carolla
Jimmy kimmel
gilbert gottfried
aqua teen
Seinfeld
curb your enthusiasm
mr show
friars club roasts
south park
MASH
the coen brothers
the simpsons
party down
arrested development
home movies
the critic
duckman
dr Katz
god, the devil and bob
beavis and butthead
king of the hill
futurama
clerks
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by primusfan

I've seen you bitch about the English so many times on this site. You got a problem bloke? Want to traverse this potential contention to an outermost location where we can resolve the impending altercation with physical violence mate? Fish n' Chips.
*parp*
Page 1 of 3