Yes! I want to shred guitar and I've heard Ibanez are very good for shredding
but I have no idea which to use or where to start look, nor what series...

My budget is around 700€.
So someone help me
Shredding is a technique... it doesn't so much depend on your guitar as it does your fingers + practice time.

Heck! There are people who shred on LPs.

Ibanez is more atuned towards shredding and its setup is geared towards shredding from the factory.

You can go with other brands like Schetcher, ESP, LTD, Fender etc as well... don't limit yourself to Ibanez because of what others have said.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Heck! There are people who shred on LPs.

Buckethead!!!
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Ibanez Xpt 700 Xiphos (if you have a metal side.)
Ibanez S570DXQM
Ibanez S570B
Ibanez S770PB
Ibanez EGEN8
Ibanez JS100
Ibanez MTM2
Ibanez RG1570Z
Ibanez RG2550Z
Ibanez RG1570Z
Ibanez RG1451
ESP H-1001
ESP LTD M-1000STBLK
ESP LTD H-1001FM
ESP LTD H-351NTSTBLK
ESP LTD H-351
ESP LTD MH-350NT .

Do you want a Fixed bridge or a locking ? Any specific sound you want ? any wood you prefer ?
Personally id save the cash and Buy a Ibanez Rg 3550. They are machines!
Also what type of shred ? Like Gilbert/becker/Malmsteem/vai ?
Ibanez GSA 60 as well,i can plug it into my amp,use a distortion pedal and play metal.
The guitar you play best on is the guitar you are most comfortable with, whatever those specs might be. Guitars in themselves aren't good at/for anything - they're just hunks of wood and metal.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Axelfox
Ibanez GSA 60 as well,i can plug it into my amp,use a distortion pedal and play metal.

Except GSA = GIO (Beginners) series. They go for about 200 bucks - on a budget of 700 euro, that's a bit of a waste.

I'd personally reccommend either getting a second-hand RG1570 or an Ibanez S series.
Jackson makes some amazing shred guitars as well - the Dinky and Soloist series (yes, more superstrats. I have a fetish for them.) are amazing for shred.
ESP (LTD) seems to do pretty well too.

TS, your options aren't limited to just Ibanez. In fact, Ibanez are probably the most love-or-hate brand you can get.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jun 8, 2011,
Quote by Axle1
Also what type of shred ? Like Gilbert/becker/Malmsteen/vai ?

I'm guessing malmsteen because of his username.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Jun 8, 2011,
Go for an RG1570.

Brilliant guitar, fantastic quality and hardware, swap out the pups and you genuinely have a completely killer guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Axle1
Ibanez EGEN8
Ibanez JS100

Get these out of the list. They're just overpriced pieces of wood that's a sorry excuse of a sig guitar.

Herman Li does not use the E-Gen 8, he uses the 18, which is a work of wonder unlike the 8.
Joe Satriani does not use the JS100, I doubt he even uses the stock sigs.

TS listen to Tom. He's the man when it comes to Ibby's.
The only shred guitarist I know PERSONALLY is a good friend of mine and he swears by the Ibanez S series...
Quote by Syriel
Get these out of the list. They're just overpriced pieces of wood that's a sorry excuse of a sig guitar.

Herman Li does not use the E-Gen 8, he uses the 18, which is a work of wonder unlike the 8.
Joe Satriani does not use the JS100, I doubt he even uses the stock sigs.

TS listen to Tom. He's the man when it comes to Ibby's.

Wished I could play them still

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If I was looking at Ibbys it would be the s series, something like the s570 or s770.

But generally, with that budget I'd go for a Jackson DK2 or a Charvel So-Cal.
Why would you? Just out of interest?

You can pick up top end S guitars all day for well under 700 euros.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Why would you? Just out of interest?

You can pick up top end S guitars all day for well under 700 euros.

You mean me?

I'd pick the S series because they're the only Ibby line that appeal to me visually. I don't like the pointy horn style of the RGs. I haven't really looked into how much the top end models go for used, so I didn't mention it.

I'd rather have a DK2 or a So-Cal because I'm just generally in love with anything Jackson/Charvel. A regular DK2 would go nicely alongside my DK2M...
Also a white So-Cal would make a nice white/maple pair with the DK2M!
Yeah, I just wondered why you would take the Jackson/charvel route, obviously excluding eck profiles and branded pups, the DK2 isnt really on par quality wise with a Prestige ibanez, whilst the Japanese Charvels are nice, they are out of TS's price range was all.

But your reasoning makes sense on a personal level I guess

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Yeah, I just wondered why you would take the Jackson/charvel route, obviously excluding eck profiles and branded pups, the DK2 isnt really on par quality wise with a Prestige ibanez, whilst the Japanese Charvels are nice, they are out of TS's price range was all.

But your reasoning makes sense on a personal level I guess

Yeah, everybody had brands they prefer over others. And I do love the Jackson neck profiles and compound radius.

Thomann are selling the Charvel Pro Mods for about 680 Euros, so they're just within budget, from there at least.
Really?

Damn thats a good price. TS should probably check those out then.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Really?

Damn thats a good price. TS should probably check those out then.

Yeah, if it weren't for the fact that I'm about to lose my source of income I'd probably pick one up myself.

(The only thing that sucks more than deciding that I'm not cut out for the PhD is realising that I'm going to have to job hunt after I've quit...)

We seem to have taken over this thread somewhat, haven't we?
Quote by Axle1
Ibanez Xpt 700 Xiphos (if you have a metal side.)
Ibanez S570DXQM
Ibanez S570B
Ibanez S770PB
Ibanez EGEN8
Ibanez JS100
Ibanez MTM2
Ibanez RG1570Z
Ibanez RG2550Z
Ibanez RG1570Z
Ibanez RG1451
ESP H-1001
ESP LTD M-1000STBLK
ESP LTD H-1001FM
ESP LTD H-351NTSTBLK
ESP LTD H-351
ESP LTD MH-350NT .

Do you want a Fixed bridge or a locking ? Any specific sound you want ? any wood you prefer ?
Personally id save the cash and Buy a Ibanez Rg 3550. They are machines!
Also what type of shred ? Like Gilbert/becker/Malmsteem/vai ?

Locked Bridge - Malmsteen Shredding.

I want something good, I've been playing for almost 4 years with a d*mm SX that came with a pack (rubbish). All I want is a good guitar that I'll enjoy playing and shredding, therefore, if the guitar helps me better!
well malmsteem always preferred fender strats...so i would go with that if you were looking for his kind of feel